UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 22.09.2024, 00:30

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Melodious Monk
BeitragVerfasst: 30.05.2008, 16:00 
Globaler Moderator

MC und Produzent aus Brooklyn, New York. So weit ich weiß hat er auf dem Mighty Joseph Album einige Tracks produziert und auch auf dem neuen Vast Aire Album das am 24.06.2008 erscheinen soll sind gleich einige Tracks von Ihm produziert. Er hat aber wohl auch selber schon ein Album rausgebracht im letzten Jahr und aufgrund der Produktbeschreibung in einer Review als sehr experimentell und Konzeptalbum bin ich aufmerksam geworden. Kennt das wer?

Bild

Hat einen Gastauftritt von Vast Aire, mehr nicht. Seine myspace-Seite:

www.myspace.com/melodiousmonk

Neues Album ist auch schon angekündigt:

Bild

edit: Angeblich hat er auch bereits 2005 ein Album mit dem Titel Ghetto Blues rausgebracht:

Bild

Zudem hat er auch schon auf dem Reavers Album produziert und auf American me von Access Immortal...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 30.05.2008, 16:06 
Globaler Moderator

Von Wikipedia:

Zitat:
Melodious Monk (A.K.A Nathaniel Roberts) is a multi-talented producer, lyricist, vocalist, engineer, visual, and graphic artist from New York. He was born in Brooklyn, New York on (October 10, 1979) and attended Washington Irving H.S. along with fellow underground mc’s Vast Aire, Vordul Mega, and [Karniege]. This was his introduction to the New York underground Hip Hop scene.

Melodious Monk has been behind the scenes and worked on numerous projects under the alias “Nathaniel Roberts” who is known for his independent R&B/Soul contributions on a label that he created titled “Melodic Wreckchords”. In 2004 he appeared on Vast Aire’s solo album “[Look Mom…No Hands]” as Nathaniel Roberts with small vocal contributions on two tracks, “Veiwtiful Flow”, and “Could you be?”, also he contributed as a co-producer for one of the hidden tracks on the same album which was a remix to Pegasus titled “My First Sony”. Since then, Melodious Monk continued under the alias (Nathaniel Roberts) and in 2005 released a limited copy solo project titled Ghetto Blues. Following that he produced for The Reavers appearing on the Terror Firma LP, the first single “Dusted”, and begun to work along with his high school classmate’s Vast Aire, and Karniege as Mighty Joe Productions. Melodious Monk finally became his own entity separating the two names (Nathaniel Roberts & Melodious Monk) to distinguish his multi talents when he took on the role of his first official solo album entirely as Melodious Monk titled “GUNS” which was released March 2007 on Swamp Records (Japanese Record label) as an import. This was followed by his production on The Mighty Joseph Album “Empire State”, a collaborative effort with Vast Aire from Cannibal Ox, and Karniege in 2008. Melodious has since continued to work with Vast Aire and his long time associates such as Karniege, Access Immortal, and many others. Currently Melodious Monk is working along with Vast Aire on a project titled Dueces Wild that will be released on June 24th 2008.

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melodious_Monk"

Wird immer interesanter, wenngleich er mir vorher eigentlich nie besonders aufgefallen ist... :notsure:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2008, 01:43 

Ich kannte den vorher bewusst auch nicht, ist mir erst auf auf dem MJ Album aufgefallen. Auf der Reavers Platte hat er allerdings nichts produziert. Davon wüsste ich. :D

Angeblich soll er ja mit Vast aufgewachsen sein...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2008, 13:36 
Globaler Moderator

Da scheinst du aber sehr unaufmerksam zu sein, er hat dort Track 3 ("Dusted") produziert :D .

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 31.05.2008, 14:05 

Hast sogar Recht. :D Ich konnte ja nicht ahnen das er da unter richtigem Namen im Booklet aufgeführt wird.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.01.2009, 16:03 
Globaler Moderator

Aus seinem myspace-Blog:

Zitat:
HYMNS (EP) FEB 2009

2009 is here!
To start the year off , before I release "The Forbidden Drug" the full length album I will be releasing an (EP) titled "HYMNS".
The release date is scheduled for "February 19, 2009". As this day is fast approaching check out the title track on my front page and get a glimpse of how gritty and grimey this project is going to be. There will be a total of (8) tracks two with features - Karniege, and introducing my boy Massive Jugganott.
I took a step away from the boards on this album and it is totally produced by "T-One" AKA Shel Shock | Shel Shock is an amazing producer that has produced for many amazing artist and his sound archives the past for the true hip hop heads that dig in the crates and love that classic analog gritty element, and era. I know I love that!!!!
With these times being the way they are I had to put this out. I hope you enjoy the (EP), I'm looking forward to the music that 2009 is going to bring and as artist, producers, publicist, record labels, magazines, promoters, graphic artist, any one with a passion for owning there own entity lets share the wealth and make 2009 a profitible year!!!! HYMNS WILL BE HERE SOON!!!

They say money don't grow on trees, but trees make paper! (Quote from "Baptized" which is featured on the Hymns EP)

"HYMNS" TRACK LISTING
1. Hymns ( Produced by Shel Shock)
2. Freedom Song - Starring Karniege ( Produced by Shel Shock)
3. Cherish Today ( Produced by Shel Shock)
4. Baptized ( Produced by Shel Shock)
5. Sleep Walk ( Produced by Shel Shock)
6. All About Me - Introducing Massive Jugganott ( Produced by Shel Shock)
7. Embrace ( Produced by Shel Shock)
8. Private Parts - (Don't be afraid to tell someone) ( Produced by Shel Shock)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.02.2009, 16:43 
Globaler Moderator

Kommt jetzt am 19.02.2009:

Bild

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.02.2009, 23:32 

die HYMNS EP ist solide, aber nix besonders (konnte schon reinhören)

EDIT: nach mehrmaligem Hören gefällt sie mir jetz doch besser :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.08.2009, 20:11 
Globaler Moderator

Zitat:
What up my people!!

2009 Is a crazy year for real filled with much unfolding prophecy for the spiritual eyes to behold.

Time waits for no man, forget about the economy – I swear it’s a distraction to pull you’re attention away from the actual fact that there is more to loose then “The American Dream”.

Enough of the “HYMNS”.

GUNS – Will be re-released within the ..U.S..., yes you may have seen it floating around, but since ’07 it’s been imported to the ....U.S.....

“GUNS” was originally released in ....Japan.... under (SWAMP) Records.

On September 10th 2009 it will be available to the ..U.S... on “Open Words” and will be in stores such as Amazon and Target if you’re interested in getting a physical copy with new artwork and extra bonus tracks that were not included on the ....Japan.... version. “GUNS” is entirely produced, written, arranged, recorded, designed, mixed, and performed by me, and I swear I’m representing all of us as independent artist trying to perfect the craft that we call “HIP HOP” Props to everyone reppin hip hop! Break dancers, graffiti writers, visual artist, lyricist, DJ’s, and freestylers keep being you.

Also please don’t forget the upcoming album “Ms.IciryL” produced entirely by my boy “The Transformer” coming sooner than later! yo check out his page he’s a beast with these tracks!!! Artist get at him!!!!!!

LET’S GO!!!!

Shout out to all my peeps on MySpace. Until September 10th! I’m Vanishing!!!!!

Sincerely,

MONK

edit: Um nochmal zu Hymns zurück zu kommen: Schade dass das ganze so kurz ist, mir hat's auch ganz gut gefallen, keine schwere Kost, das richtige für die Frühstückspause...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 18.10.2010, 22:08 
Globaler Moderator

Aus seiner myspace-Bulletin:

Zitat:
What up my people!!!

It's been a while!! I have been roaming the earth putting together the final pieces to "The Forbidden Drug" this drug was not easy to come by so it has taken me a while to package it and present it to you all.

October 29th 2010 will be the release day of the first single from "The Forbidden Drug" and the title of the first single is "A SERIAL KILLER", on the same day there will also be a secret give away of an exclusive mix CD titled "DUECES WILD - MONKS DECK" that has raw exclusives featuring me & my brother from another Mr. Vast Aire | Listen to one of the tracks on my page titled "Vagabond" - Also Look out for Vast Aire's upcoming LP "OX Odyssey".

Ok. Please subscribe to my new Youtube channel click this link (http://www.youtube.com/user/MrMelodiousMonk)

Are y'all ready?
Shout out to my all my peeps!

Monk has returned!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.11.2010, 10:59 
Globaler Moderator

Neuer Track "A Serial Killer" vom kommenden Album:

http://melodiousmonk.bandcamp.com/track ... l-killer-2

Gefällt mir gut... :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.09.2011, 21:04 

Hier kann man neben Serial Killer zwei weitere Lieder des kommenden Albums "The Forbidden Drug" anhören.

http://melodiousmonk.bandcamp.com/album ... idden-drug

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.12.2011, 22:37 
Globaler Moderator

The Forbidden Drug ist jetzt draußen, allerdings nur digital:

http://melodiousmonk.bandcamp.com/

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde