UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 30.09.2024, 14:36

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 6 Beiträge ] 
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Januar-News
BeitragVerfasst: 01.01.2008, 22:50 
Globaler Moderator

Den obligatorischen Jahres-End-Listen hat auch DJ Premier ein unrühmliches Kapitel hinzugefügt:

Zitat:
DJ PREMIERS TOP 20 HIP HOP ALBUMS OF 2007.
Body: THA TOP 20 HIP HOP ALBUMS OF 2007
ACCORDING TO DJ PREMIER
1. Ghostface Killah-(Big Doe Rehab)— (DEF JAM)
2. EVIDENCE-(The Weatherman)— (ABB)
3. Redman-(RED GONE WILD)— (Def Jam)
4. Kanye West-(Graduation)— (Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam)
5. Statik Selektah-(Spell My Name Right)— (Brick/Traffic)
6. Little Brother-(Getback)— (ABB)
7. NYGz-(Welcome 2 G-dom)— (Year Round)
8. Marco Polo (Port Authority---- (Rawkus)
9. Big Shug- (Street Champ)— (Babygrande)
10. KRS-ONE & Marley Marl-(Hip Hop Lives)— (Koch)
11. WC-(Guilty By Affiliation)— (Lench Mob)
12. Scarface-(MADE)— (Rap A Lot/Asylum)
13. UGK-(Underground Kings)—(JIVE)
14. Jay-Z (American Gangster)—(Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam)
15. Killer Mike-(I Pledge Allegiance To The Grind)— (Grind Time Official)
16. Black Milk & Bishop Lamont-(CALTROIT)--- (Fat Beats)
17. Devin The Dude-(Waiting To Inhale)— (Rap A Lot/Asylum)
18. Styles P (Super Gangster,Extraordinary Gentleman)— (D Block/KOCH)
19. Special Teamz-(Stereotypes)— (Duck Down)
20. Smif N Wessun-(The Album)— (Duck Down)

HONORABLE MENTION: (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
1. J.Dilla(Ruff Draft) 2. Percee P(Perseverance)
3. Planet Asia(Jewelry Box Sessions) 4. Soopafly(Bangin West Coast) ..5. Freeway(Free At Last) 6. Havoc(The Kush) ..7. Beanie Sigel(The Solution) 8. Strong Arm Steady(Deephearted)
9. Talib Kweli(Eardrum) 10. Snoop Dogg presents The Big Squeeze
11. Jedi Mind Tricks presents the Army Of Pharoahes
12. Public Enemy
(How Do you Sell Soul To A Souless People Who Sold Their Soul ?)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.01.2008, 20:55 
Globaler Moderator

Zitat:
More Details Emerge On Rock's Attempted Murder Charges 1/18/08

Free Rock
By: Mark DiSalvo
Emerging details surrounding the arrest of Rock of Heltah Skeltah are surfacing, with claims that the recently arrested Brooklyn MC tried to murder a suspected pimp. Rock, real name Jamal Bush, was arrested and charged with attempted murder this week. The Brooklyn MC’s attorney, Kenneth J. Montgomery released a statement today to Miss Info to set his client’s record straight. “The Brooklyn District attorney’s office allege that Mr. Bush shot a known pimp and bloods gang member in the neck paralyzing him. They also allege that Mr. Bush is a pimp and this was a dispute over an alleged lady of the night. Mr. Bush categorically and unequivocally [denies] all charges. We eagerly look forward to trial and proving his innocence.”
Rock was officially indicted today on attempted murder and assault charges - which carries 5-25 years with a conviction. His lawyer, speaking with SOHH today, said that friends, family and label mates were making arrangements to post his $125,000 bail. "He should be home next week on the bail package," Montgomery went on to say the case will likely go to trial in six to nine months. He declined to speak on the specifics of the case, saying it was too early to make comment.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.01.2008, 20:56 
Globaler Moderator

Zitat:
Theory Hazit Recording New Material For Indy Release 1/18/08

By: Trees
Looks like Theory Hazit will be dropping a independent LP this year, followed by the official H.H.I.M. joint in 2009. But enough from me, I'll let Theory explain, "I have been workin' on lyrics. I have a project done... it's called Lord Fire. Completely produced by Vintage (he did the "I Just Wanna Go Home" jam) and will be mixed and mastered at the end of this month. This will be an indie release, (the Hip Hop Is Music record releases in mid 2009). The first "Lord Fire" single is set to release in May... on vinyl… June 23, 2008 is the set date for the album to release. The guest list include Scribbling Idiots, Braille, Ohmega Watts and more".

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 24.01.2008, 17:22 
Globaler Moderator

Trillville Reloads With Three 6 Mafia & T-Pain For New Album

Straight from the city that made crunk a phenomenon, Atlanta group Trillville (the combination of “truth” and “real”) is set to release their forthcoming album, Trillville Presents: Access Granted, this May (on SMC Recordings/Mann Up Muzik). Their previous release, “King of Crunk & BME Recordings Present: Trillville” on BME/Warner Brother's went platinum and the duo look forward to the same success with this album, this time around concentrating on LA (AKA Lil Atlanta) as an artist and Don P as a producer...

Trillville members LA and Don P were originally introduced to the public with their hit singles “Neva Eva” and “Some Cut” along with their successful album, “Trillville featuring Lil Scrappy”. On the grind since their early teens, the group is excited about this upcoming release (Trillville Presents: Access Granted) and hope to gain new followers with the album, “We didn't want to be away this long. We know it's been a minute so we're just excited to come back strong with this new album for our fans," said LA.

Featuring production by Don P, Notzz, and various other in house producers out of the Dirty South, Trillville's new album also boasts guest appearances by T-Pain, Three-6 Mafia, and Mannie Fresh. “This album sounds like classic Trillville," said LA," [but it is] the reinvented Trillville."

The album will be released on the groups' label, Mann Up Muzik (based out of Virginia Beach, VA), with distribution through SMC/Fontana/Universal. Headed by the CEO, X and President, Darryl Perry, Mann Up Muzik has worked with industry veterans Bobby Brown, Nichole Wray, Boyz 2 Men, New Edition, Chuckie Booker, and Damon Dash to name a few.

With roots in A-town, ties to VA Beach and support from the West Coast, Trillville is unstoppable. "Trillville Presents: Access Granted is going to be one of the hottest albums coming out in '08," promises LA. Look for Trillville to takeover this May on Mann Up Muzik/SMC Recordings.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 25.01.2008, 19:55 
Globaler Moderator

Uncle Murda Shot, Refuses To Cooperate

Uncle Murda, was shot in the head Tuesday (Jan. 22) night in Brooklyn. The Roc-A-Fella rapper suspects police may be behind the shooting, which left him with no major injuries.

SOHH caught up with the rapper and got the low down on his beef with cops, how he escaped a hit on his life without so much as a concussion and the new album under Roc-A-Fella.

Murda was shot while sitting in a parked car in Brooklyn. The rapper, whose latest release is titled "Respect the Shooter," checked himself out of the hospital the next day and headed into the studio with the bullet still in his head. The irony isn't lost on him.

"The shooter got shot, but I'm good," Uncle Murda told SOHH this afternoon, in an exclusive interview, making light of the graze he suffered in an apparent attempt on his life...

Murda (born Leonard Grant) admitted the incident was "a little bit scary," but said he's used to it.

"It ain't the first time," he said. "I've always gone through situations where people try to take my life. I've probably been shot at about five thousand times."

He said he knows he's not bullet proof, "just hard to kill, like Steven Seagal," the rapper joked. "It was a cheap bullet," Murda continued. "It didn't penetrate like it was supposed to."

While the bullet didn't cause any major damage, it did lodge itself beneath the skin. Doctors told Murda it would fall out in about two to three weeks. When that happens, Murda plans to memorialize the metal.

"I might make it my album cover," he said.

According to New York's Daily News, Uncle has a criminal record dating back to 1997, which includes an arrest for attempted murder of a cop and drug charges.

He thinks this time it may have been the other way around though, and was uncooperative with police who he said were on the scene not even minutes after the shot rang out.

"I think they was checking for me," he said. "I think it was the police that shot me this time. I don't know, I just got a feeling."

While Murda doesn't cite any hard proof to back this allegation, he says he'll follow his intuition.

"We doin' our own investigation, GMG/Roc-a-Fella/Man Hood/ Team Invasion/Violator investigations," Murda said. "We take care of business. We make them suffer."

Murda said he feels safe, but he knows this probably won't be the last shot taken at him.

"What comes around goes around," he admitted. "It sounds f*cked up, but it woulda been what I deserved. Everything I did before in the past might have not been right but it just happened to go down how it went down. I don't want that to happen, but it woudn't be surprising being that's the life I live."

Murda has two Green Lantern mix tapes out, 2 Hard for Hip Hop and Respect the Shooter. His 2008 Roc-A-Fella release is almost complete and will feature Jay-Z and Nicole Ray on the mic with production by Green Lantern, Toonheads, Roc Wilder, The Winnerz Circle's Steve O, Stylez and Bryan Stanley of Team B Music.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 28.01.2008, 18:03 
Globaler Moderator

Young Buck Back With Cash Money?

Last night, Cash Money Records rapper Lil Wayne performed at the Memorial Auditorium in Chattanooga Tennessee. At the end of the show, Lil Wayne brought out surprise guest Young Buck, who revealed that he was resigning to the Cash Money Records imprint...

Young Buck, who hails from Nashville, Tennessee, originally signed with Cash Money Records at the age of 17, in 1997. He left the label around 2000. After a brief stint with Juvenile’s UTP Records, Young Buck signed with 50 Cent’s G-Unit imprint. Details of the proposed deal were not available. Young Buck is preparing to release the upcoming compilation album Product of the South via his Cashville Records imprint, which is distributed by Red Distribution/Sony.

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 6 Beiträge ] 

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde