UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 22.09.2024, 20:15

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 83 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.05.2006, 14:52 
Site Owner

Bild

Presented in conjuction with Abandoned Nation and Don Diva Magazine, "The Raw Report" brings you an in-depth video look at one of 2006's most anticipated debut album projects, "The Greatest Story Never Told". Starting with a lone vinyl single on Rawkus Records, Saigon aka Tha Yardfather became a mainstay on mixtapes from DJ Whookid and DJ Kayslay, released a nationally distributed mix-album "Warning Shots", then eventually signed with Just Blaze's Fort Knox division of Atlantic Records, and gained additional crossover appeal as a guest star on HBO's "Entourage". The official Saigon DVD includes exclusive interview footage, live stage and recording sessions, road trips, and tons more. Cameo appearances from Jay-Z, Nas, Just Blaze, Kanye West, Busta Rhymes, Q-Tip, Akon, Trina, Common, De La Soul, Tru-Life, Mike Jones, Trey Songs and many more.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 31.10.2006, 21:10 
Globaler Moderator

Sick Of Acting Like A Rapper, Saigon Readies Kanye-Assisted Debut LP

Saigon is tired of acting like a rapper.

Although the decorated underground lyricist landed a recurring role as himself on the HBO hit "Entourage," Saigon has made it clear he would much rather be living out his days as a real MC instead of just playing one on TV.
Well, the wait may finally be over for him...
Saigon recently wrapped shooting the first video from his debut album, The Greatest Story Never Told, tentatively due at the top of the new year on Just Blaze's Atlantic-distributed Fort Knox label. According to Sai, the long-delayed project now gives him a chance to both reconnect with his increasingly impatient hip-hop fans and introduce newly acquired admirers to his musical talents.

"It's been a long time coming," a smiling Saigon said two weeks ago while on the Harlem set of "Pain in My Life," featuring Trey Songz. "People see my promotional van and will be like, 'Is this guy real? Is he really an artist?' When I taped my first episodes of 'Entourage,' they only had one season done and no one really knew about the show. So I came and taped during the off-season. No one expected it to be so big, and we downplayed it like, 'Yeah, it's whatever, a little look.' But it gave me another opportunity. And I want people to know I'm really an artist and not just playing one. I want people to know I'm real and have a message."

The MTV You Hear It First alumnus first rose to prominence just after the turn of the century. A series of unfortunate events — label woes, personal misjudgments, etc. — kept Saigon from releasing his project, although fans never stopped clamoring for it. And for The Greatest Story Never Told, he's partnered with much of the same producers and executives responsible for making Jay-Z's early albums critical and commercial successes. However, Saigon is quick to point out he's not expecting to sell units like 50 Cent.

"I made music from my heart," he explained of his album and the choice behind the cautionary first single. "I didn't go down to the studio thinking what could get me 20 billion spins. I went in there and thought, 'If you potentially had the world's ear, what would you say?' That was my mentality."

The DJ Cocoa Chanelle-produced "Pain in My Life," much like the rest of Sai's album, is a mixture of the rapper's observations and his experiences in prison. The Q-Tip- and Fatman Scoop-assisted "The Invitation" is a possible next single. Rather than a regular invitation to a party, Saigon said, the track is a metaphor for the distractions that invite kids on the streets to land in jail. "Everything we glorify is nothing but the invitation to get you behind the wall," the rapped said. "Whether it's drugs, girls, whatever."

In addition to production from Just Blaze, Kanye West is also slated to help Saigon shape his album. But don't expect many vocal collaborations. Saigon said he's been waiting too long and has too many things to say to share the microphone during this crucial stage in his career.

"It seems like too many people are scared to be themselves," he said. "I don't know if it's because the labels are pressuring them, but they end up making jingles. That's what I call them.
"Hip-hop has gotten too repetitious," Saigon continued. "It's almost everyone tracing the same picture. If we're artists, and we consider ourselves that, we got to all draw different pictures. We can't paint the same things. And that's why I do me — and I'm going to live or die with that."

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.11.2006, 18:24 

saigon ist schon ein ordentlicher rapper aber dem seine meisten lieder sind trotzdem scheiße

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.06.2007, 23:58 
Globaler Moderator

Mal wieder ein neues Mixtape:

Bild

Bild

Ich glaube das wird nie was bei dem mit einem ordentlichen Album...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.06.2007, 12:22 

die meisten sachen kenne ich schon, dennoch gespannt auf einige daraus noch unbekannte! naja letztes tape hatte auch nich mehr die qualität von den vorherigen. is das schon raus das neue? wenn ja schon wer reingehört?

zum album-release. jaaa das is wohl atlantic rec dran schuld. das schrieb er ja auch in seinem blog

Zitat:
"Please don't believe that the hold up of my album has anything to do with me or my work ethic or my rate of producing great music."If you go to YouTube and type in JBTV Saigon you will hear snippets of my album that Atlantic doesn't seem to have the desire to release. [...] My fans will hear my entire album very soon whether they put it out or not. "f they don't I will and let y'all be the judge if the music is great or not. I'm beginning to think that being my album is geared toward the betterment and not the destruction of my people the powers that be don't wanna release it...cause I know its not the skills...I am the most relevant rapper in the world by far when it comes to my people. Unfortunately they only care about $$$$...Oh well. Welcome to America... Greatest Story Never Told coming this summer... regardless."

die typischen probleme...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.06.2007, 12:27 
Globaler Moderator

Meines Wissens ist das neue Mixtape schon raus, meine man kann es auf der myspace Seite von Scram Jones schon bestellen.

Was die Label-Situation angeht: Es ist sicherlich bequem immer alles auf das Label abzuschieben, aber ganz unschuldig dürfte er selber auch nicht sein. Wer als Rapper bei einem der Majors unterschreibt muss sich doch im klaren sein dass da die ein oder andere Unwägbarkeit im Spiel sein wird, Label-Politics halt. Und wenn man dann noch keinen großen Namen hat, wird es erst recht schwierig.

Zuletzt geändert von Knowbody am 11.06.2007, 14:21, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.06.2007, 13:22 

Ich hoffe mal schon das sein Album noch DIESES Jahr kommt.Dürfte auch eigentlich nimmer solange dauern.War ja für den herbst oder so angekündigt.

Zitat:
Kemper:"Ein Teil von mir sagt:"Ich würde gerne mit ihr sprechen, mich mit ihr treffen. Der andere Teil von mir sagt:"Ich fragt mich, wie wohl ihr Kopf auf einem Stiel aussieht?")

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.06.2007, 14:21 
Globaler Moderator

Ja, aber für den Herbst 2005 :razz: !

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.06.2007, 18:04 

Knowbody hat geschrieben:
Ja, aber für den Herbst 2005 :razz: !

Ja,das stimmt aber das haben die ja jetzt umgeändert.Hab keine Lust mehr noch länger draufzuwarten.Wenn er nicht bald ein Album released kann er mir gestohlen bleiben. :sad: :thumbdown:

Zitat:
Kemper:"Ein Teil von mir sagt:"Ich würde gerne mit ihr sprechen, mich mit ihr treffen. Der andere Teil von mir sagt:"Ich fragt mich, wie wohl ihr Kopf auf einem Stiel aussieht?")

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.06.2007, 21:14 

liegt ja nich an ihm :P der bombenleger will ja ;)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.06.2007, 12:13 

neues saigon interview, hört sich nich so an als wenn das album bald kommen würde...

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=saigon0607

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.06.2007, 12:41 

Saigon hat geschrieben:
If I was a Saigon fan, I probably would have given up on me. (laughs)

verdammt richtig :hihi:

Ist aber auch echt kacke wie das alles heutzutage mit den großen Labels und ihren Künstlern läuft.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.06.2007, 14:24 

hoffe mal dass er auf seiner kommenden europatour auch mal nen abstecher nach deutschland macht, wenn er schon in dänemark und umliegenden ländern ist

btw, das mixtape,von dem er ja eigentlich nix wusste, is scheisse...aber eher in dem sinne weil kein einziger neuer track drauf is

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.06.2007, 14:36 

Jap, ich hoffe auch mal dass er hier vorbei schaut :thumbs:

Was genau ist Entourage eigentlich für eine Serie?! Und was hat Saigon damit zu tun?

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.06.2007, 15:06 

hab die serie bisher nicht geguckt, frag nen kollegen die tage mal ob die gut is, der is son us-serienfreak

hier mal ne beschreibung zur serie

"Vince Chase is a sexy young actor whose career is on the rise. To share the fun of his ride to the top of Hollywood and keep him grounded, Vince looks to Eric, Drama and Turtle, his childhood buddies from Queens. Together, they'll navigate the highs and lows of Hollywood's fast lane, where the stakes are higher, and the money and temptations greater, than ever before. But that certainly will not stop them from having fun the whole way through.

Adrian Grenier ("The Devil Wears Prada", "Drive Me Crazy") stars as Vince, an actor on the verge of stardom. Kevin Connolly ("Antwone Fisher," "John Q") plays Eric, Vince's closest confidant who's learning the rules of the business as he tries to help Vince make the right choices and keep his goals aimed high. Kevin Dillon ("The Doors," "Platoon") plays Vince's half-brother Johnny Drama, whose own acting aspirations have been eclipsed by Vince's success, but that doesn't stop Johnny from constantly looking for work and going to auditions. Jerry Ferrara ("Grounded for Life," "Leap of Faith") plays Turtle, the least experienced of the group who is always up for a good time. Jeremy Piven ("Old School," "The Larry Sanders Show") plays Ari, Vince's aggressive, high-powered agent, who clashes with Eric over his client's decisions."

soweit ich weiss, spielt saigon sich selber weil er da irgendwem ne demo cd gibt .hat in 4 folgen mitgespielt

Bild

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 83 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde