UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 29.09.2024, 07:23

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 89 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.06.2004, 12:13 

P. Diddy trägt olympisches Feuer
07.06.2004 (Mo) Redakteur: Arne2000
-------------------------------------
*Bild*[3] Große Ehre für den begeisterten Läufer
*P. Diddy*[1]: Er darf das olympische Feuer durch
seine Heimatstadt New York tragen. Es ist olympische
Tradition, dass eine olympische Fackel einmal durch
die Welt getragen wird, bevor sie zu Beginn der Spiele
das olympische Feuer entzündet. P. Diddy sagte,
dass er unglaublich stolz sei, die olympische Fackel
durch seine Heimatstadt New York, die schönste Stadt
der Welt, zu tragen:
>>"Words cannot express how proud I am to be carrying
the Olympic torch for my home, New York, N.Y., the
greatest city in the world,"<<
Neben Diddy werden auch CNN-Nachrichtensprecher
Paul Zahn, ein Opfer der Terroranschläge vom 11.
September, ein Opfer einer Vergewaltigung im Central
Park und diverse Atlethen das Feuer durch New York
tragen.

:ugly:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.06.2004, 12:30 

Gerüchten zufolge hat Mos Def genügen Material aufgenommen, um ein neues Album zu releasen. Doch das Label Geffen Records will ihm momentan einfach nicht das Budget geben, dass er eigentlich bräuchte.
Während dessen bekam man in den letzten Monaten einige neue Mos Def Tracks zu hören. Neben "Beef", den Kollaborationen mit Kanye West, Ludacris und Floetry, hat Mighty Mos auch noch diverse andere Freestyles und Songs aufgenommen, wie z.B. "Summertime" oder "Ah Ah". Dieses Material will Mos Def nun zusammenpacken und als inoffizielle Independent-EP veröffentlichen.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.06.2004, 23:08 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

213's official website has recently been updated, and is now interactive.

The site now features a page providing background information on the group ("About"), a page allowing fans to view the official press release released when the group was officially announced ("Features"), a news page with up to date info on the group ("News"), and a forum allowing the fans to speak up about current events concerning the group or anything else on their minds ("Forum")....

http://www.213music.net/

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.06.2004, 23:12 
Globaler Moderator

:bonk:

Nelly will become the first rapper to drop two albums on the same day, releasing Sweat and another album, Suit on September 14.

While he is the first rapper to perform such a feat, Bruce Springstein and Guns 'n' Roses also have both dropped two albums on the same day in the past.

"I had so much material that at first I thought about releasing a double CD, but then I thought it would be better to release two albums separately to show fans the best of both sides of Nellyville," Nelly said,

According to Nelly, the Sweat album has more club oriented offerings, while Suit is more "grown and sexy," along the lines of his hit "Dilemma" with Kelly Rowland of Destiny's Child.

"When I first came out I was representing my city hard," Nelly added. "Now I'm trying to explain so much more. I think both albums show my growth creatively and personally."

The lead single from Sweat will be Neptunes produced track "Flap Your Wings," while Suit's lead off single "My Place," a re-working of the Teddy Pendergrass hit "Come On And Go With Me."

Sweat and Suit are Nelly's third and fourth studio albums.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.06.2004, 23:13 
Globaler Moderator

As one of the leaders of the gentleman's fashion movement, Kanye West has kept a Polo label on his chest like Superman does with his "S." But when West — who recently signed on to tour with Usher this summer — starts packing his bags to hit the road, he's probably going to be taking less Ralph Lauren to make room for his own clothes.

West is launching a clothing line called Mascott, which will hit stores before the end of the year, according to West's rep. To top (or bottom) it off, he's also coming out with his own line of sneakers, called Mascott Trainers, which are currently in the design stage.

Also coming up are two items with a prominent religious theme. First, Kanye has finished designing the next piece in the collection of religious-themed jewelry that he's putting out with Jacob the Jeweler. The new piece will be called Grandma's Jesus and is the follow-up to his original Jesus piece, released in April, which is of a Caucasian Christ. Grandma's Jesus is a depiction of Jesus as a black man.

Second is the first of his two forthcoming singles: "Jesus Walks." The video for the song was directed by Chris Milk and is said to feature three plotlines. Also, on the remix tip, Lil Jon produced a remix of "Kanye's Workout" featuring Luke and Farnsworth Bentley (see "Run-In With A Bentley Uncovers Some Kanye West Remix Plans").

West is also headed back out on tour this summer, but this time he's not hitting colleges, he's hitting arenas as an opening act on the Usher tour, which kicks off in August. Finally, Mariah Carey has been hollering at the Chi-Town native about rustling some beats from him for her next album.

For a full-length feature about the gentleman's movement, check out "From 'Hood To Haberdashery: The Gentleman's Movement."

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 08.06.2004, 23:14 
Globaler Moderator

Just two weeks out of jail and Tony Yayo has already spent his money like he's not going back. A stop at Jacob the Jeweler's? Check. There's enough ice on his neck to give the man a slouch. The ride? Yayo's already bought two, a Bentley and a Porsche Cayenne. Crew? His people roll three cars deep.

"It feels good to come home to a million dollars in the account, you know?" Yayo boasted to MTV News. "I really didn't do anything, you know? And I got a million dollars in my account so it feels beautiful."

Yayo has re-acclimated to his G-Unit life as well as one would have expected for someone who counts 50 Cent and Eminem as his biggest supporters.

"My boy [50 Cent] took care of me, so I know the love is there," Yayo explained. "Usually when a person's in a bad predicament, their people ain't gonna look out for them. But me? I had to tell 50 to stop sending me money."

Yayo was released two weeks ago after being imprisoned for 18 months (see "G-Unit's Yayo Finally Out Of Prison"). Just one day after finishing a yearlong sentence for gun possession and bail jumping, Yayo was turned in to U.S. Marshals by his parole officer for having a fraudulent passport. The crime, to which he ultimately pleaded guilty, earned him another five and a half months in prison.

Yayo says he knew he had outstanding warrants, even before 50 Cent signed his deal. But that didn't deter him from remaining a fugitive. "When I was on the run ... I went and got a passport made. Me and my brother kinda look alike. So I went and got a passport made so I could be on the run — 'cause I wanted to fly to Barcelona. I wanted to fly around the world."

For some, being behind bars while the rest of your crew is taking over pop music and making millions would breed resentment. But Yayo dismissed any idea that he felt left out of 50 and G-Unit's success.

"I didn't feel left out because everywhere you go, you see 'Free Yayo,' " he said. He recalled Eminem's wearing of a 'Free Yayo' T-shirt on several awards shows. "It just excited me to see Em with a 'Free Yayo,' shirt. You see 50 with the 'Free Yayo' campaign going on in the videos. They didn't forget about me.

"It made me hungrier. I knew success was gonna come. 50's a star. [Lloyd] Banks is a star. I'm a star. Young Buck's a star. Everybody's a star. I'm on the dream team. We got Dre, we got Em. There's no way we're gonna lose."

And, of course, there was the bank account, which Yayo claims contains a million dollars. As soon as he got out of jail — when he wasn't spending his money — Yayo went straight to the studio to record music with his brethren. He got on songs for both Banks' and Young Buck's solo albums (see "G-Unit's Lloyd Banks, Young Buck Recording Solo Albums"). He's also recording songs for his own album, which he hopes to have out in the fall.

"I'm just working," Yayo said. "I got an album done already — in 12 days. I just hope 50 [is] OK with it. Whatever he likes, he likes. Whatever he don't like, he scraps it."

Against most people's moral judgement, Yayo's intention is to keep things very grimy. "I think my lyrics right now are gonna reflect the prison system. My album is just gonna be street, gonna be 'hood. I'm trying to make the crime rate go up."

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.06.2004, 23:24 
Globaler Moderator

Shaq Gets In Rap Battle With Skillz

The Los Angeles Lakers are embroiled in a highly competitive Championship Series against the Detroit Pistons, but that hasn’t stopped Shaq from engaging in a battle far more personal.

The basketball juggernaut has turned his lyrical aggression to rapper Skillz even though he’s looking for yet another championship ring. In a mixtape freestyle, he went at the Virginia-bred rapper like he was a loose ball under the rim.

“I dont care how “mad” your “skillz” is you cant serve me/ You don’t like these, take off my throwback jersey/ Lil’ ni**as better stay in their place/ hold you hostage in the toilet and s**t on your face…Matter of fact I don’t know what you look like/ you be spittin metaphors like you a geek Canibus studio book type/ I ain’t into f**kin’ beefs and battles/ I’m into smackin’ n***as back into playing with rattles…/Don’t respond, don’t reply, layoff/ Give this autograph to your mom and watch me in the playoffs.”

A confused Skillz said people around him began to inform him of the dis, but he was unable to determine why the 7’ 1” hooper would want to battle.

"I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt, like I kept telling myself he can't be talking about me,” Skillz told AllHipHop.com. “Then [the speculation] turned into, ‘If it ain’t you then who's he talking about?’ And it wasn't any candidates left. I wouldn't really pay attention to it if other people didn't, you know?”

Furthermore, Skillz said that this rap battle was much different than playing the Pistons on the basketball court and therefore in his favor.

“It’s a lyrical mismatch; him going at me is like me coming down the [basketball] lane at him. It’s actually kind of funny,” Skillz exclaimed. “But the streets ain’t gonna stop talking about until I answer. Plus I talk too much s**t to not answer back,” he said.

Because of Skillz admission, AllHipHop.com engaged in its own investigation.

Shaq, who has dropped several platinum albums, might be coming to the defense of teammate and former rapper Kobe Bryant, who is currently accused of rape.

In his “2003 Rap Up” freestyle, Skillz rhymed, “The dummy move of the year that would be Kobe Bryant/ y’all think she lyin' that’s the second time Kobe been on TV cryin’ I’m like, ‘Damn Kobe in high school you was the man Kobe/ What the hell happened to you?”

Also, Skillz once rapped with a crew called the Supafriends from Virginia and Shaq considers himself to be basketball’s Superman. He even dropped an album called Shaquille O'Neal Presents His Superfriends in 2001.

Next week, Skillz said he would have an answer record for Shaq.

Shop: https://www.rapmazon.com/
Email: info@rapmazon.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.06.2004, 11:42 

Snoop & Britney Spears bei ihrem videoshoot :bonk:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.06.2004, 16:53 
Globaler Moderator

Zitat:
Here's a promo disc sent around by Rap-A-Lot to promote
their new acts. Be on the lookout for new Devin The Dude,
Scarface, Geto Boys, and Big Sty albums coming soon!

01 Dirty - That's Why I 1:32
02 Dirty - 24 Inches 1:52
03 Z-Ro - I Hate U Bitch 1:51
04 Z-Ro - Z-Ro 1:11
05 Lil Flip Ft. Bun B And Chamillionaire - 1:11
Platinum Stars
06 Mike Jones - The Day After Hell Broke 1:29
Loose
07 Hi-C Ft. DJ Quik - Say Woop 1:21
08 Hi-C - I Don't Wanna Know 1:29
09 UTP Players - Nolia Clap 1:38
10 UTP Playas - Whats Up 1:25
11 Yukmouth - I Love Dro 1:48
12 Yukmouth - California G's 1:27
13 Devin The Dude - Anything 1:49
14 Devin The Dude - Too Cute 2:07
15 Big Sty - Its A Problem 2:19
16 Big Sty - Simple And Plain 1:27
17 The Geto Boys - Keep It Real With It 2:05
18 The Geto Boys - Never Snitch 1:44

Dieht so aus als wenn das Geto Boys Album tatsächlich erscheinen wird :thumbs:

Shop: https://www.rapmazon.com/
Email: info@rapmazon.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.06.2004, 18:27 
Globaler Moderator

Fat Joe is known for rough rhymes and street credibility, not reggae. So the Don Cartegena explained a new form of Jamacia’s chief musical export which has trickled down into Latin America.

“Reggaeton is a spin off of reggae,” Fat Joe told BET.com. “Reggaeton has been around for 14-15 years. Every time I go to Puerto Rico or somewhere really Spanish they be rock’n that Reggaeton. It just started blowing up crazy. I’m pro-Latino, so whenever they coming up like that that’s a major thing for me.”

Aside for his Latin pride, Fat Joe and his Terror Squad crew are preparing for their first group outing since the death of Big Pun.While Pun can never be replaced, fem fatale Remy Martin has been able to represent for the squad.

“I’ve been working hard. I’ll be back [with a solo album] in November. I did the Terror Squad album in nine days. We’re hungry right now,” he said.

The Terror Squad’s second LP drops this summer on Universal Records.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.06.2004, 11:50 
Globaler Moderator

Fans of the Outlawz are stirring feverishly with the speculation that Tupac’s rebellious protégé’s have signed to Cash Money Records.

But, according to Outlawz rapper E.D.I., the group is still ironing out details and have not officially joined the Cash Money roster.

Sources within the group confirmed the signing was official, but E.D.I. said the talk was premature even if it was rooted in fact....

"Honestly, this thing has leaked too early. The deal isn’t done yet," E.D.I. told AllHipHop.com yesterday (June 8). "I'm getting questions from all over. We are definitely in negotiations and looking forward to nailing this s**t down."

"Just off a little bit of talk, they are starting to talk about it on the radio. It’s all over the place," he said.

On the group’s official website, www.outlawrecordz.net, the general consensus of fans was that getting down with CMR was a good move for the group.

"I'm first in line to congratulate them and I'm first in line to cop the album," said Paradox, a fan of the group. "I’m just happy for them. You know they are already doing ok. They aren't stupid rappers blowing their money."

Additionally, Outlaw Kastro said that the crew wouldn’t change their abrasive style regardless of their recording home. Simply, he said. "No need for alarm, ain't nothing changed."

Fans have high hopes for the group if they ink a deal with Cash Money, hoping to see their videos on major outlets.

Should both parties sign on the dotted line, the next release from the group will be titled Ghetto Gospel, which should be released later this year.

"We got a lot of work to do and that’s that," E.D.I. concluded.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.06.2004, 20:04 
Globaler Moderator

Most rap enthusiasts think of Eminem when referencing Detroit, but Slum Village has been composing a different story, which has been changing consistently like a daytime soap opera.

The group has experienced several personnel changes in the last year and what once was a trio is now a duo. Slum Village began with Baatin, T3 and producer JayDee when they emerged in 1998 under the wing of A Tribe Called Quest. After releasing a pair of lauded albums (Fantastic, Vol. 1 and Fantastic, Vol. 1 ), they experienced the loss of JayDee and the addition of rapper Elzhi. T3 and E are the last two in the group nowadays and they took time to explain.

“Basically what happened after that was Baatin got sick and he couldn’t deal with the pressures of being on the road,” said group member T3 to BET.com about the founding member’s departure.

Baatin, (now known as Baatin the Slumlord), has said in published reports that he did experience some health issues, but was ultimately kicked out of the group.

The group didn’t expound but said that they are moving forward.

“Right now were on a promotional run in Charlotte North Carolina. That’s basically what we are doing right now, promoting the new album,” said Elzhi. Slum Village’s third album, Detroit Deli , is being pushed as the group’s most melodiously loaded and they hope the work lives up to the hype.

The song “Reunion” actually recounts the loss of Baatin and the group changed from three distinctly different points of view to two.

“It’s like you’re going through three states of mind at one time, kind of in reverse,” T3 explained. “What we’re trying to say is that we wish we were together, we might be together and then we’re not together at all. We’re trying to give you all the aspects of how people are coming at us, the type of stuff we’re dealing with and kind of give you a glimpse at the stuff we’re dealing with in the group.”

The album features appearances by Kanye West, MC Breed, Ol Dirty Bastard, John Legend, Dwele and even beats by former member Jay Dee. The album is slated to hit stores June 29th.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.06.2004, 15:04 

Bild

Es gibt neues Material von ODB's langerwartetem Album auf Roc-A-Fella Records. Der neue Track heißt "Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" und featured Macy Gray!

Klickt einfach auf folgenen Link:

http://www.rocafella.com/media/mp3/odb_macy_snip.mp3

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.06.2004, 19:40 
Globaler Moderator

After buzzing from countless mixtape appearances and cameos, Peedi Crakk's momentum was interrupted by an 8-month bid in the pen. Now, free and focused, Crakk speaks to SOHH.com about his new attitude, living with Dame Dash and the shady ways of Just Blaze.

Since signing with Roc-A-Fella, most State Property members including Beanie Sigel and Young Gunz have had run-ins with the law. Yet, despite his recent bid for firearm possession, Crakk is confident he's ready to handle the transition from the streets to the fame.

"I see it more clear now. I see the transition. It's a whole different world. It's not the hood and I'm not dealing with hoodlums," Crakk told SOHH.com via phone. "This is the business world and I'm dealing with business men so I had to change my whole attitude about shit."

Crakk has now been free for roughly a month and a week. Since his release, he's been living at Dame Dash's crib in a sort of "Roc-A-Fella bootcamp" to get back on track.

"It's been cool. Dame wanted to take more of an interest into me. It's like he feels kind of responsible for me now. He's like 'Crakk, you the next nigga so I gotta get you right. I need you right here with me'," Peedi explained regarding moving in with Dash. "He took the next step forward and I've been flying all around the world with this nigga for the past two weeks now. And now we're in New York and we're just staying at one of his condo joints, working on some sh!t. He just wants me right there. He wanna have his eyes on me."

Whenever he's in the big apple, Crakk hits the lab to work on his album and make tons of mixtape material in the process.

"I've been fucking with my nigga Nore a lot. Nore got a studio down here, I've been fucking with him. He got his little nigga Cardan from Harlem World. That's my nigga, I just did a song with him," Crakk offered. "I've just been really lampin out. I ain't really lampin, lampin, like lazy lampin, but when I'm not working on a song or something, I'm just chilling back watching Dame or watching what's going on. I got to learn. I'm learning right now and I really wanna know this sh!t so when I do make this money I can keep it."

Crakk claims to have 75% of his album done. While a release date has yet to be determined, he is scheduled to drop "I Gotta Have It" featuring Beanie Sigel next month. According to Crakk, the record's response will dictate his album's release date. And while he doesn't wish to team up with too many emcees, expect Noreaga to appear on his debut LP.

"I like fucking with Nore cause me and Nore got that same kind of twist, not exactly, but I think we attract the same type of crowd of niggas and girls so I like working with Nore," Peedi revealed. "I wouldn't mind fucking with Nore on the album cause I did a joint with Nore, but it ain't make the album cause this nigga Just Blaze, this suck ass nigga sold the beat. Just Blaze sold the beat on me so we couldn't use it. He sold it to Nick Cannon on some bullshit. It was out on the street. We leaked it but we just can't use it."

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.06.2004, 22:17 
Globaler Moderator

He’s back and better than ever! Respected by his peers, highly regarded by the media, and noted for his legion of fans, Cuban Link has finally returned to the game! After years of being held back by a suspected blackballing in the music industry, Cuban has arrived and he’s teamed up with new independent record label M.O.B. Records.

M.O.B. Records, a label that albeit independent is clearly functioning in the big leagues has already lined Cuban up to perform at New York City’s Puerto Rican Day Parade on Sunday, June 13th and his stage show will be televised by major network outlet, NBC. In addition, Cuban is also going to hit the stage at this year’s annual Hot 97 Summer Jam Concert, the platform for the who’s who of rap to display the skills that put them in that category in the first place.

Chain Reaction: the long-awaited, official debut solo album from Bronx, New York bred wordsmith is a true display of Cuban as an emcee to be reckoned with. “It will take people to different levels,” Cuban affirms. Chain Reaction, a work still in progress, boasts production from Swizz Beatz who has produced the street sweeper “Shake Down” which is a heavy hitting, rhythmic mixture of instrumentation supporting Cuban’s rapid fire lyrical spit and the single “Coming Home With Me” which features Avant. Other guest appearances so far include Mya and the late Big Punisher’s son Baby Pun.

From the early days of his career as a major part of the Terror Squad clique, Cuban Link has known the affects of a chain reaction. In describing the theme of his album Cuban explains, “The songs I wrote are based around the domino effect. Once things fall, other things fall into place,” That motif also holds particularly true to Cuban’s life. Born in Communist Cuba, the emcee and his family fled to the United States in the early 80’s. Cuban credits the late great Big Punisher as an integral force in his first big break into hip-hop. “From the first day we met, Pun and me connected,” Cuban offers. We immediately began working together after that.

“Once this album comes out, everything is going to fall in place,” says the emcee, who’s undoubtedly known a lot of hardships in his life. “It’s going to spark up new things for the future.”

Chain Reaction is scheduled for release early fall. In the meantime hit the streets and pick up Cuban Link’s new mixed CD Chain Massacre (Broken Chains 2).

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 89 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite Vorherige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde