UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 29.09.2024, 05:24

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 89 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Juni-Newz
BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2004, 05:23 
Globaler Moderator

Bootsy Collins CD

When Bootsy invites you to come play, you know its gonna be one wild adventure. With party animals in the mix like George Clinton, Snoop Dogg, Macy Gray, Miss Kier (Deelite), Sly & Robbie, Fat Joe, Bobby Womack, Rosie Gaines (NPG) and yes, the list does go on and on, you know the festivities will be off the “hizzle for shizzle!”. Thump Classic R&B will release Play with Bootsy June 8.

Zuletzt geändert von Face97 am 01.07.2004, 16:38, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 01.06.2004, 16:14 
Globaler Moderator

Half Dead Organization sind gerade bei den Aufnahmen zu ihrem zweitem Album.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2004, 15:39 
Globaler Moderator

Seems like Dat Nigga Daz's anticipated So So Def release "So So Gangsta" will just be 10 tracks full. This is according to an update by kronik over at DPGrecordz.Com..

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2004, 15:41 
Globaler Moderator

Rapper Mike West's 91 chevy caprice waz broken into while West was hanging with the Outlawz at The Outlaw Recording Studio in Atlanta, Ga. The car waz broken into and $3,000 dollars worth of goods were taken. Radio, unreleased material & more...

Thats all that waz taken among other things,but the Caprice was left.They tried to steal the car as well but didn't.

The ATL police has taken procedures and a case report and say that they will stay on top of it! Whatever that means...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2004, 15:44 

NEW YORK — Mase has hit the radio with a new song, declared his comeback over the airwaves with a brief call-in to New York radio station Hot 97, and now the shiny-suit-man-turned-pastor has a timetable for his album. It is official like a referee with a whistle: If all goes according to plan, we'll get a new album from Mase — his first in five years &38212; before the hot weather wears out.

According to a rep for Bad Boy, Mase's LP is slated to be released in late August. Further details regarding the album will be coming down the pike soon.

"The music is going to be good, and I'm happy that he's coming back because I haven't seen him in years," fellow Bad Boy Mario Winans said last week during a charity event for LifeBeat. "I'm excited to see my friend again."

"That's my man," Loon said. "We worked together on the Harlem World project, we go back, we're both Harlemites. I'm honored to see him back. It adds more energy, he's a different charismatic type of artist. A lot of rappers have been trying to mimic his style, but dude is back to take his piece."

Loon and Winans rolled as one with Carl Thomas and 8Ball and MJG, as all performed at club Babalu as part of the LifeBeat event. After that function, it was off to another club, Lobby, for the afterparty. Before jumping onstage for the concert, Diddy's folks were all smiles. They said they felt a new energy at the label with the aforementioned return of Mason Betha, the addition of some legends and other members of the team holding their weight.

"We're back," Loon declared in the chaotic VIP area of Babalu while the music blasted and photographers snapped pics. "A couple of years ago we were grinding, coming through a couple of rough periods, transitions and things of that nature. But we got a young team right now. We're making hot records, we're on the radio again."

Loon himself is back in the lab working on his own comeback. He's putting together a follow-up to his 2003 self-titled debut. "I'm taking a very personal approach," said Loon, huddled up between Carl Thomas and Rio Winans. "On the first album I established myself as an artist. Loon has a presence in the game now. I established myself as a ladies man. Fellas felt kinda left out, but I got something for them. But ladies, I'm never gonna forget you."

The ladies will definitely not be overlooked by the Bad Boys in the coming months. Both Winans and Thomas have new singles on tap, as do New Edition and Heavy D.

"I'mma try a dual single, two at one time," Thomas divulged. "I'm a supply-and-demand type of fella."

Thomas is rolling with "My First Love" and "Anything," while Winans has opted to remix "Never Really Was" with a verse from Lil' Flip.

"Half the time I'm on the grind," Flip raps over the song's heavy violin strings. "Now you wanna play with my mind/ You wonder why we never spending time/ Don't you know I get paid to rhyme .../ When I'm not with you I'm clocking dough."

New Edition — without Bobby Brown — are clocking the ladies on "Hot 2 Night," a cut off of their 20th anniversary LP, due to hit sometime in late summer or fall.

"Girl, give me your number/ Forget it, here goes my number/ Forget it, you don't need my number/ 'Cause we're gonna get it hot tonight," they sing on the chorus. Ronnie, Johnny, Ralph and Ricky all go back and forth in the verses, while Michael Bivins chimes in with ad-libs.

Bad Boy's newest signee, Heavy D, is working on his Bad Boy debut with producers like Stevie J and Tony Dofat. His album is also slated to be released sometime this year.

"We've been talking about it for quite sometime," Hev, also at the LifeBeat event, said about his talks with Diddy to come to Bad Boy. "Puff was always in my corner. It was just a matter of me being ready. I got a 4-year-old daughter, I lost 160 pounds. All these things I was taking care of first. I took some selfish time. In the meantime, I had been recording, producing Jay-Z, Carl Thomas, a lot of artists. Then I produced some stuff on my album."

Hev says that being slimmer and older has given him more material to wax about on the forthcoming disc, which still has no title. He's also drawn on some of his influences — Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Lenny Kravitz, Run-DMC, reggae artist Daddy Roy — for this album.

"I can't talk about the same stuff," he said. "My life experience is different, the records need to be different. The album is so eclectic. I'm trying to find a title that embodies everything that I'm about right now, where I am in my life."

Guests on Hev's LP include Anthony Hamilton, LaToiya Williams and Carl Thomas. The Hevster is currently in talks to collaborate with Andre 3000 and Snoop Dogg as well. "It's Your Birthday" will be the album's first single.

With the former overweight lover's weight loss ("Every time Puff sees me, I get smaller and smaller," D says. "He's like, 'I don't even know If I can call you Heavy D anymore.' It's an ongoing joke."), the title of most rotund member of Bad Boy easily goes to 8Ball. Ball and MJG recently had a strong debut on the albums chart with their Living Legends LP, and now they have a new single and video coming, "Straight Cadillac Pimpin.' " Meanwhile, another perennial overweight lover will be back in effect on July 13.

Bad Boy is launching a reissue from the president of the playa's club, the Notorious B.I.G. The retooled Ready to Die will feature two Biggie classics that were not originally on the LP as well as the long-form video for "Warning."

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 02.06.2004, 15:55 

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! Perceptionists sign to Def Jux! ·
Yep! My group the Perceptionists (Akrobatik, Mr. Lif, DJ Fakts One) have officially inked a deal with Definitive Jux Records! The album, tentatively title "Black Dialogue" will be dropping in the fall. WE are already halfway through the recording process, and I promise y'all some BANGERS, some incredible special guests, and a hot tour once it drops! Stay tuned for snippets, track listing, and info leaks!

Posted by: Akrobatik @ 11:59 AM

www.akrobatik.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2004, 13:26 
Globaler Moderator

Krumbsnatcha's new album "Let The Truth Be Told" is dropping late summer on Wolves Ent./Golden Eyes. The album is being executive produced by Nottz(ghostface,m.o.p.busta rhymes) ,and additional production comes courtesy of on the rise heatmakers - joey chavez&bravo,emile,scram jones,sa-ra,blick,twinz and boston's rich 5 & g-squared. Guests on the album include Styles P,Guru of Gang Starr,Famlay,DMP,Dina Rae(Motown)and Krumb's crew The W.O.L.V.E.S. A 2 in 1 video was shot for the tracks "Bang Bang" f. Styles P and the official single "Turn It Up" produced by and featuring SA-RA (Dr.Dre,Pharaoh Monch,Bilal).

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2004, 19:10 
Globaler Moderator

Producer Just Blaze is preparing to take his successes and move them to another level of the industry – his own recording label.

He crafted beats for the greats of our time like Jay-Z, Usher, Memphis Bleek, Shaggy, Nelly Fabolous, Snoop Dogg, the Roc-A-Fella crew, Faith Evan and others, but now the New Jersey-born producer seeks talent.

Just don’t send him a demo with the standard thug fare.

“I’m looking for some of the hottest rappers that aren’t saying the same thing everybody else is saying. If I hear one more ‘crack rock gets sold, gun gets bussed,’ [rap] I am going to lose my mind,” he told BET.com from his studio in Manhattan. “It’s just so many things to talk about.”

“Listen to the mixtapes. Everybody is saying the same thing. ‘The fifth with do this, the fourth with do that. I slang crack rock and I’m mean and I’m a rapper. Let’s do something else.”

Slowly, the acclaimed beat architect is putting together his record label.

“I don’t even have an infrastructure for the label,” Just Blaze said. “I’m not trying to take it out of my immediate circle now.” Contrary to previous reports, Blaze said that the reports of he and Memphis Bleek starting a label were exaggerated even though the pair expect to work together.

The acclaimed producer refused to answer questions about the rumors of him signing rappers Saigon and Stimuli, both of which are making waves in New York. He did reveal that he has “set up shop” in Bassline Studios, the former recording station for Roc-A-Fella Records.

Furthermore, he’s begun to work closely with Brooklyn’s DJ Sickamore, who he says is completely on the pulse of what’s hot in the hood.

“Him working with me was just of a conversation. He kept bringing me hot material,” Blaze said.

Most recently, Just Blaze has produced exclusive songs on Jay-Z’s new mixtape “S.Carter The Remix.”

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2004, 22:10 
Globaler Moderator

Laut www.hiphopnews.de kommt das neue Prince Po Album am 05.05.2004, und eine Vorabpromoversion gab es bei sandbox auch schon, und wer hat einige Tracks produziert? Madlib natürlich! Bei amazon.de kann man das Album sogar schon als UK-Import vorbestellen, dort ist als Veröffentlichkeitsdatum allerdings der 28.06.2004 angegeben.

prince po: 05.07. = lp-time!

nachdem die organized konfusion reunion acta endgültig ad acta gelegt wurde, gibt es für alle fans zumindest einen kleinen ersatz: crew mitglied prince po wird am 05.juli über lex records "the slickness" droppen! die erste maxi "hold dat" ist bereits draußen, die restlichen tracks in der übersicht:

1 Hello – produced by Jel
2 Too much – produced by Madlib
3 Love thang – produced by Danger Mouse
4 Hold dat (feat. Jemini & Rell) – produced by Richard X
5 It’s goin’ down (feat. Stone) – produced by J-Zone
6 Social distortion (feat. M.F. Doom) – produced by Danger Mouse
7 The slickness – produced by Madlib
8 Grown ass man – produced by Prince Po
9 Bump bump (feat. Raekwon) – produced by Madlib
10 Meet me at the bar (feat. J-Ro & J-Zone) – produced by J-Zone
11 Fall back (feat. Jemini & Cairo) – produced by Danger Mouse
12 Be easy – produced by Prince Po
13 Hold dat (club remix) (feat. Jemini & Rell) – remixed by Richard X

Zuletzt geändert von Knowbody am 03.06.2004, 22:43, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2004, 22:29 
Globaler Moderator

Nicht nur du :) , Produzentenliste hört sich schonmal vielversprechend an, auch wenn Madlib derzeit omnipräsent ist und einen Beat nach dem anderen raushaut!

Scheint aber tatsächlich nicht mehr allzu lange Verzögerungen zu geben, dafür gibt es einfach schon zu viele Informationen...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.06.2004, 22:30 

Game & Spiders Homie Billboard ist verstorben.

das hast spider gepostet auf ihrem msgb.

"MY NIGGA GAME JUST HIT ME AND SAID BILLBOARD HAD GOT KILLED IN GARDENA LAST NIGHT. THIS WUZ A REAL NIGGA. THIS A FUCCED UP GAME CUZ REST IN PEACE TO THE HOMIE"

:bonk:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.06.2004, 18:00 
Globaler Moderator

The Outlawz have signed to Cash Money Records and rumors of Jay Z releasing an S Carter album on Aftermath could be true, Rocafella CEO Damon Dash is looking to move Rocafella to Interscope. More news later.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.06.2004, 21:12 
Globaler Moderator

von Tre-8

I just finished recording Weight of the World I worked really hard to make the album off the hook. The enemy of the world album was just a underground preview but the Weight of the World is off the gas. Also I will begin working on my Last C.D Its Really the End of the World a double c.d after that I'm done no features nothing. So those who have been hitting me up to feature I'll do features right to the end of september when I plan to be finished with this project. So if you ever wanted a verse from me I'd holla soon! My last album will have so much on it yall based on the fact after I won't touch a mic again. it'll have over 30 songs on it...

Just wanted to give yall a heads up that I'm bidding this rap shit a farewell. Much love and respect to those who have stayed fans thru the years and I hope these next 2 albums will show what the games gonna be missing.......

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2004, 10:31 
Globaler Moderator

Rap icon Ice-T is a generous man, not at all ensnared in the trappings of ego. He proved it when he decided to feature himself in Paul “Paulie Paul” Eliacin’s new independent film “Up In Harlem” free of charge.

Eliacin funded the $80,000 movie out of his own pocket when he was unable to get assistance from some African American heavyweights like Spike Lee. Nevertheless, he persevered and will drop his tale of life in the Harlem hood this summer in video/DVD outlets nationwide.

The pair met on the set of “Law and Order,” where Ice-T is an actor and Eliacin is a set driver. Ice-T told BET.com that they didn’t start their relationship with business. “He came at me on the friendship tip. To befriend a ni**a like me it takes a little while, because you know, ni**as wanna slide up they ain’t about much. But Paul is real. Me personally, I like helping people and I like being in anything that’s going to give a ni**a action moving forward.”

And moving forward is exactly what Eliacin has done. The fortysomething actor/director said that his trials in his youth have resurfaced to cause particular problems for him today.

Years ago, Eliacin said he was arguing with another individual who owed him money and accidentally shot him. “I put a gat to his head, it went off. I turned myself in and we know the police aren’t always honest and extracted a confession out of me. I lost most of my life [in jail].”

Eliacin said that he didn’t fully learn from his mistakes and served more time in jail for an assortment of criminal situations. But he was able to regain focus after over nine years in jail after he leapt onto the set of “Straight Out of Brooklyn,” the first movie of filmmaker Matty Rich.

Eliacin continued to hone his craft in movies and television shows like “Boomerang,” “Men In Black,” “Law & Order,” “The Sopranos,” “New York Undercover,” “NYPD Blue” and presently “Law & Order.” Eliacin also spent many hours volunteering at Ground Zero in after the Sept. 11 terror attacks and is considering producing a film surrounding his experience.

A Haitian immigrant, who now resides in Brooklyn, Eliacin said his past has given way to problems with immigration and faces possible deportation. He intends to prove, through his illustrious body of work, that he has completely reformed his life.

If “Up In Harlem” is any indication, his trials will disappear. The movie is about a 17-year-old girl that is about to leave Harlem to college on scholarship. As she approaches her time to go, she meets a smooth-talking thug who she sees commit murder. The teen is caught into a dilemma, looking for away out of her relationship and onward to college.

While the movie is a possible hood classic, Elicin said that he owes a lot of “Up In Harlem’s” marketability to his friend, Ice-T.

“I feel so indebted to him that I don’t think I could ever pay him back. But he don’t feel that way. His words are real recognize real,” he finished.

"Up In Harlem" comes out on June 22.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.06.2004, 10:31 
Globaler Moderator

On New York radio station Hot 97 Shyne spoke out for the first time since going to prison in 2001. Among the revelations he disclosed to radio host Angie Martinez is that he thinks he'll be out of jail in early 2005 and Jay-Z has talked to him about forming an all-Brooklyn supergroup consisting of Jay, Shyne and Foxy Brown. ...

R. Kelly tops the list of nominees for the 2004 Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Awards with eight nods, followed by Jay-Z, who has seven. The event is set for August 6 in Miami, immediately following the three-day Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Conference. Beyoncé, Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz, Alicia Keys, Chingy and Outkast are also among the artists with multiple nominations. ... While on tour with No Doubt, guitarist Tom Dumont and drummer Adrian Young will step out on Saturday to guest with San Francisco musician Bing Ji Ling and play some of his blue-eyed soul at New York's Knitting Factory. ...

Suge Knight got off the hook, but his Death Row Records was ordered to pay more than $162,000 to a man who claimed Knight and his bodyguards attacked him at a recording studio in 2001. Knight testified he was not in the studio at the time. ... Lil' Wayne's upcoming album, Tha Carter, has been pushed back until June 29. When the LP does come out, it will be the second version of the album the young Cash Money Millionaires star recorded. An earlier version was scrapped last year. ...

Twista is getting it all twisted. The speed-flow assassin has teamed up with Mobb Deep for a remix of Havoc and Prodigy's "Got It Twisted." ... Freestyle warrior Jin is finally set to drop his debut, The Rest Is History. Ruff Ryders has set August 24 as the release date for the young MC's LP. ..

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 89 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde