UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 24.06.2024, 14:40

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 58 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Whitefolks aka E.C.ILLA
BeitragVerfasst: 28.08.2004, 10:40 
Globaler Moderator

The Legendary Traxster has just issued a special announcement to everyone here at ChiBangin.com! The highly anticipated Illa WhiteFolks album will have an exclusive early CWAL release on Oct. 19th in Chicago! The nationally released Illa WhiteFolks album will come out in early 2005. However, the CWAL released album will contain exclusive songs not featured on the nationally released version! So make sure to show your support for CWAL’s Illa WhiteFolks this coming October!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.09.2004, 18:05 
Globaler Moderator

This edition of Murder Dog Magazine featuring WhiteFolks will hit stores in the last week of September! In addition to WhiteFolks, Chicago’s own Legendary Traxster and Do or Die both have detailed interviews in this upcoming issue! Make sure to also keep an eye out for Murder Dog’s compilation Best of the Best, containing new exclusive songs featuring Do or Die, WhiteFolks, The Legendary Traxster, 8-Ball, David Banner, & more. Best of the Best will be released on Murder Dog’s Blood Rush Records and distributed by Sony in late October/early November.

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 12.09.2004, 00:53 
Globaler Moderator

Sein erstes Album jetzt bei mir im Sonderangebot...

Shop: https://www.rapmazon.com/
Email: info@rapmazon.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 10.10.2004, 10:59 
Globaler Moderator

E.C.illa aka WhiteFolks has sold The Tip CDs & Tapes retail location on Chicago's North side. M. Sam Morsy, president of World Won Entertainment recently purchased Illa's renowned retail location for an undisclosed amount. However, Illa will retain ownership of www.thetipcds.com, the company's internet division. Illa assures Chibangin.com and its members throughout the U.S. and the world, that www.thetipcds.com will continue to provide Chicago rap fans with the best and hardest to find in underground Chi music. REPEAT: THETIPCDS.COM WILL CONTINUE BUSINESS AS USUAL, OWNED AND OPERATED BY ILLA WHITEFOLKS!

The sale of The Tip's retail location came about as schedule commitments and restrictions due to Illa WhiteFolk's rap career and CWAL Mob debut made daily operation of the store increasingly difficult. Illa told Chibangin.com that he hopes people will continue to support the retail store after its official hand over on December 31st. Although the retail location will no longer carry the extensive Chicago selection it once did, the store will continue to provide a wide array of underground and classic rap as it always has. Illa explained that the only difference will be that the huge Chicago selection and any new underground Chi releases will now be available exclusively at thetipcds.com Internet Store. Illa expressed his appreciation to all his customers, friends and fans that supported The Tip over the years and hopes that they will continue to support Chicago Rap and it's artists through www.thetipcds.com - "The World's #1 Internet Store For Chicago Rap."

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.10.2004, 05:11 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 17.10.2004, 22:08 
Globaler Moderator

WhiteFolks Interview
The Legendary Traxster Interview
Best of the Best Tracklist

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 19.10.2004, 20:56 
Globaler Moderator

This is a two-part Q & A interview with CWAL Mob for the first time on ChiBangin.com!! Part one begins with WhiteFolks being interviewed followed by part two with The Legendary Traxster - part two coming before the year’s end! What will set all ChiBangin.com’s interviews apart from other interviews is that YOU get to ask the questions to the artists! That’s right, once all your questions are in, we will send out one of our editors to get the answers straight from the artists themselves! We really want to make it clear that your involvement and support is acknowledged by all Chicago artists who become interviewed. Please be aware that an artist has the right to not answer any question they do not want to, for any reason they choose. However, all questions are guaranteed to be heard, so do not ever down play the importance to be heard! All interviews will be documented and archived right here on ChiBangin.com. Please follow these rules stated below for CWAL Mob Q & A Part One - WhiteFolks Interview:

-Please put only one post in this topic with up to three questions. Do not post anything else other than your questions in one post. If you need help coming up with a question, we suggest you to make a separate topic and ask other ChiBangin.com members for suggestions.

-Read all questions already posted to avoid asking the same question.

-All questions must be posted by Nov. 1st; the answers will be posted within the first week of November.

Everyone have fun being apart of ChiBangin.com's first official interview!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.11.2004, 21:07 
Globaler Moderator

http://www.chibangin.com/forums/index.p ... ic=542&hl=

(*) Indicates credit to each member's question

How come you changed your style from hip hop to gangster rap? (*steve)

I would say it's been more of an evolution than a change. The kind of "hardcore" hip hop I built a name doing is all but extinct. I came up in the same circles as Traxster, Twista, Toxic and D.A to name a few, and at that time (1990-1995) we were all doing that style. As all the people I fucked with evolved, I evolved with them.

How did the whole “WhiteFolks” style come about? (*Believer)

When I came to CWAL at the end of 1998, Traxster and I began to concept the idea of what an E.C.illa CWAL album might sound like. Little by little as we began to record, it was evident what direction we were heading in. We always wanted it to be the classic CWAL/Chi style, but we wanted to incorporate a more lyrical element. When we did "The One" on CWAL Ballaz Vol.1, the response was overwhelming and me and Trax at that point knew what the style should be. Plus, I felt like a lot of the artists Trax was working with were sleeping on some of the better beats he was making. So I would listen to the beats CDs I had to choose from and it would blow my mind that some of the beats had not been taken. It was then that I realized as far as Chi style rap goes, I had the opportunity to create a classic album, not just another pretty good cd. The quality control that this album has had to pass through between me and Trax is part of what the WhiteFolks style is all about.

Is the “WhiteFolks” album personal to you? (*Believer)

Absolutely. The album contains all types of personal elements of my life. Elements, that before working with Trax, I didn't even realize would make for a great song. Beyond the blood, sweat and tears that went into creating the WhiteFolks CD, this recording served as a type of therapy to be honest. I doubt 95% of these rappers out there can claim to have made an album as in depth as this one, or even admit to having been involved with half the shit we touch upon.

If your album sells well (between 100,000 - 500,000 copies, who knows), will you start to feature what I call "industry rappers" in your future albums? (*meanmug)

I take this rap shit one fan at a time. Whether or not I'm blessed to reach that amount of people, I don't have any interest in fucking with any rappers the industry considers hot. If somebody wants to pay me to be on their album, I'll consider the offers as they come, but I'm not a huge fan of the guest appearance as far as my albums go. Even on this album it was important for me to carry the album by myself. I do have a posse cut at the very end featuring PsychoDrama, Snypaz, Triple Darkness & Trax, but that was for myself not for the purpose of sales. I don't fuck with the industry, I fuck with the fans.

This will possibly be one of the last real Chicago sounding street albums released; do you see yourself adjusting to what’s selling for future releases in terms of production? (*O_o)

I can't say that your statement is 100% accurate. I plan on doing everything I can, artistically and in business to keep the Chicago sound alive. I believe I can make these other spots adjust their production to sound more like us. A gang of ’em are already doing it. We might not get the credit, but you know it when you hear it.

What are your plans for yourself after the WhiteFolks album? (*Shak81)

We plan on working this album through the entire year of 2005. It'll be released nationally at the beginning of Summer with additional songs and appearances. I really need to see exactly where this album takes me before planning beyond it.

What was it like filming “Trust None” (Chicago’s first official gangster film)? (*steve)

It was a great experience. I came up with the entire plot complete in my head one night when I woke up at about 4am. I wrote it all down scene for scene. This was in 2001. When I finally got the chance to film it, I already knew exactly what I needed everyone to do. Now, to see it completed exactly how I envisioned it at 4am that morning is a trip. I always wanted to hear all the classic Chi cuts as the soundtrack to a flic. I had as much fun placing the music in the movie as I did filming it.

Why did you pick Yung Buk & Psyde (of PsychoDrama) as the bad guys in your movie? (*steve)

That was who it always was in my head. I guess Buk's voice automatically placed him as front runner for the villain role in the movie. They came through with flying colors. The acting part was easy cause almost everybody played themselves and even those who didn't, based their characters around their own personalities.

Do you plan to do anymore acting? (*dynamite) Will there be sequels to “Trust None” or more movies like it? If so, will there also be "documentaries" on the Chicago street rap scene? (*O_o)

I already have the screenplay for "Trust None 2", Chicago's first official gangsta sequel" in the bag. I'm just waiting for the right business opportunity to move forward. I'm sure everybody in Chicago will try to put out a dvd of some kind now, so you'll probably see a bunch of ’em soon. I'll be glad if I motivated people.

What’s up with the old CWAL roster: Big Rap, Pinkie, D.Villa and D.A. Smart? (*Face97)

Most of them are still active. Big Rap has an ep coming soon. Third Shift is starting to record as a group again. D.Villa, First Battalion and Pinkie are all still making music. I think most everybody is still in the process of getting their business right. As far as D.A. goes... come to the in-store / release party, you never know who'll show up.

Do you have any tracks off the D.A. Smart “Fuck Tha World” album, which never was released? (*Face97)

To my knowledge, they never got a chance to start it due to personal circumstances.

You worked with Wildstyle (of Crucial Conflict) on a song, what was that like? (*Shak81)

Wildstyle is good people. We've become closer over the last few years. I'm a fan of the Flict, so it was an honor to create music together. He's very professional and that's something that is very important to me. We'll be working together more in the future, so look out for that.

How did you and Tre Sins (WhiteFolks’ presented group) hook up? (*Shak81)

They used to come to The Tip and bug me about gettin' down. As they began to develop and prove themselves, their hunger reminded me a lot of me and my guys some years back. I knew if I could help them a bit, they could reach more people and create their own fan base. Ya'll ain't seen nothin' yet. Them boys just gettin'started. New Tre Sins coming this Spring!

Are you and Kanye West going to do another song together? (*chicago2642)

I got a lot of respect for Kanye, but Trax'll stomp a mud hole in his ass!

Would you ever consider doing a group album with someone? (*O_o)

If the circumstances were right, maybe. It would have to be some seriously classic combination though. I'd like to do a CWAL Mob group album if there was a demand for it.

Do you have any plans on working with people outside the CHI? (*chicago2642)

Trax and I have been getting a lot of offers from artists from other regions, Tech N9ne and 8 Ball among others. I'm open to the idea of spreading the sound to these other spots, but my main focus is our region until it's conquered.

In your interview with Murder Dog magazine you’re basically givin' Three 6 Mafia which I call "legends in this rap game" credit for keeping it real. Do you see yourself maybe hookin' up with the kings of Memphis, the super producers or any other members? (*meanmug)

Outside of Trax, I think Paul & J are some of the rawest in the game. We've been getting a lot of response from Lil Wyte's fans suggesting collaboration. On the business end it may make some sense, but my intention is to create my own demand and make these other artist come to us. They good business though.

Would you rather do a track with Rakim or Jay-Z? (*ktownpop187)

Funny question. If I was smart I'd say Jay Z for the exposure, but really probably Rakim. We should ask Rakim and Jay Z who wants to do a track with me more. Probably neither, so fuck’em.

If a poor struggling ghetto artist wants to feature a CWAL artist on their album, do you require straight cash up front or are there other ways to work it out? (*GhettoTrucker)

I can't speak for all CWAL artists, but I don't necessarily just accept straight up cash. I also accept money orders.

Has being white ever been an issue in your career? Starting out and/or currently? (*C-Stylez)

Not really. If anything it makes me stand out a bit more. I've been lucky enough to let my music speak for itself.

How do you feel about possibly being referred to as a fake Eminem?(*chicago2642)

Anybody who knows anything about rap can tell we're not much alike.

Do you believe a person who dies for his/her beliefs is more of a hero than someone who saves another person’s life? Could explain your answer? (*meanmug)

I'd say they’re pretty equal. I guess a person who dies saving another person's life would have’em both faded.

What was the reason for selling The Tip (retail location) and not hiring a friend or someone else to run it and keep it how it currently is? (*C-Stylez)

I'm a control freak. If I can't be there regularly overseeing the day to day activity, it's just not me. I'm already involving people close to me in order to keep the on-line business running smoothly. I had several offers for the retail location and chose to sell it to World Won Entertainment because I felt they would operate it similarly to the way I did. Basically, I need to concentrate on this opportunity I've been blessed with fully focused. Customers and fans will still be able to contact me direct at info@thetipcds.com as of Dec.31st and the greatest selection of Chi sh#t anywhere in the world will still be available at www.thetipcds.com.

I am one to believe that artists should remember what got people jammin’ their music in the first place, stick with that and improve on that. Is this what you believe also? (*Daowl)

Yes.

Do you believe that Chicago can be as big as…hate to say it, New York without everyone trying to change their style? Can we keep it Chicago and still amaze the masses or is it just meant for the chosen few to touch the gift? (*Daowl)

It may be meant for just us, but I'ma do everything in my power to test that theory.

What cities would you like to tour in that you haven't been to yet? (*dynamite)

Every little town and hood that these other mufuckas won't go to and teach them the ways of the Mob.

What has kept you strivin’ and grindin’ to get the point out that Chicago is just too cold and is like none other? (*Daowl)

Fans like ya'll that remind me, Trax, Buk, Dawreck, Wildstyle, Payroll and all the other artists close to me that we're not just crazy. If I gotta do this shit just for ya'll then fuck the rest. I think if the right moves are made we can take this bitch over. I wake up every day chippin'away at that goal.

We would like to thank WhiteFolks and the ChiBangin.com community for helping make the first official ChiBangin.com interview possible! Anyone who was not able to be apart of this interview will have a chance to participate in part two of this CWAL Mob Q & A with The Legendary Traxster before the year's end. All interviews will be documented and archived right here on ChiBangin.com. Remember, what sets ChiBangin.com's interviews apart from other interviews is that YOU get to ask the questions to the artists!

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.11.2004, 19:13 
Globaler Moderator

wird nicht auf dem Album sein

1 More Way 2 Die - All Illa WhiteFolks

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 20:53 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 21:07 

^^^^
ist richtig gut geworden, ist nicht so hip-hoppig wie seine bisherigen sachen :yeah:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 21:08 
Globaler Moderator

hast dus etwa schon gehört....die internationale version soll ja dann anders werden..hip-hoppiger

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 21:09 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 21:19 

Face97 hat geschrieben:
hast dus etwa schon gehört....die internationale version soll ja dann anders werden..hip-hoppiger

keine ahnung, welche ich gehört hab ,hat mir aber auf jeden fall gefallen :hurra:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.11.2004, 22:23 
Globaler Moderator

Track List
01. Intro
02. Young Illa
03. Fo The Fuck Of It
04. Temptation
05. Thanks
06. Out There Bad
07. Pretty Bitch
08. Like Father, Like Son (Skit)
09. Son Of A Pimp
10. That Wang
11. Respect The Mob F/ Dun D
12. One Night Stand
13. Ride Out
14. When I Close My Eyes
15. Fie It Up F/ Psychodrama, Snypaz. Traxster & Triple Darkness

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 58 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde