UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 01.10.2024, 23:34

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 163 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Dirty
BeitragVerfasst: 26.03.2004, 21:14 

da hier ein paar dirty fans sind...this is 4 you suckaz ;)

WINDOWS MEDIA

http://www.rapalotrecords.com/multimedi ... hy%20I.wmv HI

http://www.rapalotrecords.com/multimedi ... hy%20I(med).wmv LO

BEHIND THE SCENES

http://www.rapalotrecords.com/multimedia/Dirty.wmv HI

http://www.rapalotrecords.com/multimedia/Dirty(med).wmv LO

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.07.2005, 19:47 
Globaler Moderator

sorry, hab keinen anderen Dirty Thread gefunden....kann den jemand bitte umändern in DIRTY-HOOD STORIES
Vö soll der 16. August sein

1. Alabama
2. I'm A Gangsta
3. Moma I'm A Soldier
4. Pray 4 Me
5. Rollie Pollie
6. Sometimes
7. Behind You Duke
8. Bring The Hood Back
9. Get Cha Hands Off Me
10. Silky Pimp Cutta
11. What It Is
12. StopLien
13. Just A Lil Bit More
14. Let's Ride
15. Sunshine
16. Chopin Down The Block

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.07.2005, 12:13 

bin ein großer dirty fan . die ersten 3 alben waren alles klassiker . haben ihr konstant hohes niveau gehalten . bin gespannt auf die neue wird bestimmt goil .
Zitat:
ich hab kein problem mit alkohol , ich hab nur ein problem ohne alkohol :cool: :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.07.2005, 12:29 

haben die nicht 4 Alben draußen :notsure:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 26.07.2005, 12:40 

hast recht dicker . besitze aber nur drei und die sind alle krasskret . peace :) :)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2005, 16:09 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

The Pimp & Da Gangsta are back this August dropping thier latest "Hood Stories" on the 16th through Rap A Lot Records/WEA. The album features the hit singles "Get Cha Hands Off Me" & "Rollie Pollie" which both can be heard on radio stations as well as mixtapes. The album sampler can be heard below, as well as the tracklisting, be sure to grab this on August 16th.

1. Alabama
2. I'm A Gangsta
3. Moma I'm A Soldier
4. Pray 4 Me
5. Rollie Pollie
6. Sometimes
7. Behind You Duke
8. Bring The Hood Back
9. Get Cha Hands Off Me
10. Silky Pimp Cutta
11. What It Is
12. Stop Lien
13. Just A Lil Bit More
14. Let's Ride
15. Sunshine
16. Chopin Down The Block

http://www.southwest-connection.com/new ... dirty1.mp3
http://www.southwest-connection.com/new ... dirty2.mp3
http://www.southwest-connection.com/new ... dirty3.mp3
http://www.southwest-connection.com/new ... dirty4.mp3
http://www.southwest-connection.com/new ... dirty5.mp3
http://www.southwest-connection.com/new ... dirty6.mp3
http://www.southwest-connection.com/new ... dirty7.mp3

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2005, 17:41 
Site Owner

Sind ja recht gute Beats geworden, ich glaube das muss ich mal auschecken...

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.08.2005, 21:14 

kann es kaum erwarten - zu cool :D

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 11.08.2005, 18:24 
Globaler Moderator

tosin hat geschrieben:
Bild

Dirty
“Hood Stories"
COMING SOON

Dirty - “Rollie Pollie” feat. Bun-B
http://www.rapalotrecords.com/multimedi ... unb-LP.wma

Dirty - “Get Cha Hands of Me”
http://www.rapalotrecords.com/multimedi ... soffme.mp3

Zitat:
Bild
The Pimp and Tha Gangsta

One of the hottest duos ever to emerge from the south, the group Dirty has a history deeper than the deepest reaches of the Mississippi River. Hailing from a city and state not normally known for producing rap music, Montgomery, Alabama, the artists known as The Pimp and Tha Gangsta are at the center of the current southern rap revolution.

Much like another well-known Montgomery resident, Rosa Parks, Dirty may be from the streets, but they are about the revolution. Musically, mentally and structurally. At face value you might just see the pictures their names paint, a pimp and a gangster. But dig deeper into their catalog, now six albums deep, and you’ll see that they are so much more.

Just as Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat on that Montgomery bus in 1955, amidst an era of terror and injustice like our generation has never seen, Dirty has never been afraid to stand their ground. They’re not afraid to take rap music back to the revolution and they aren’t afraid to bring the street shit that everybody loves.

Both artists started rapping at an early age. As cousins who were raised like brothers, growing up in Montgomery, the 12 year old Pimp was a huge influence on the 8 year old Gangsta. These were the days when the duo certainly weren’t known as The Pimp and Tha Gangsta, they were merely getting their feet wet. But about 5 years after they started dipping into music, the group Dirty was born. “That was when a nigga was little,” Tha Gangsta remembers, “There wasn’t too many niggas that was rapping in Montgomery like that, there was a few. The east coast and west coast was really poppin’ back then, but my inspiration came from Pimp. I ain’t really say I wanted to rap until I was around him seeing him do it.”

As the group approached their mid to late teens they started performing around Montgomery and in cities like Birmingham and Mobile, Alabama, Gainesville and Tallahassee, Florida, Memphis, Tennessee and around Georgia. The incredible response they received inspired them to jump full on into the music business and they released two independent records. Country Versatile was their first foray into the industry, but it was their second independent release, The Pimp and Tha Gangsta that brought them to their first major deal with Universal Records.

Universal then released a revamped, remastered version of The Pimp and Tha Gangsta in 2000 to wide acclaim. “We had the underground scene down there in Alabama so hard.” Gangsta says, “We had the whole state in shock.”

Their second major release on Universal, Keep it Pimp and Gangsta, suffered from a lack of promotion and an over saturated rap roster at Universal and prompted the duo to walk away from the industry powerhouse. At the time they were spending a lot of time in Houston, a major hub for rap music in the south, and they hooked up with J. Prince and Rap-A-Lot Records.

Their first Rap-A-Lot release, Love Us or Hate Us came out in 2003 and spawned the classic club hit, “I Wish,” an aggressive taunt to the entire world in which, via an extremely catchy hook, Dirty was able to release all of their frustrations at once. Laced with more than a few “Motherfuckers” throughout, the single was almost impossible for radio, but still blew up in the streets. Where Dirty has always been based.

On this, their sixth album as a group, and second for Rap-A-Lot Records, Hood Stories, Dirty is letting the world know that they are still here and are as revolutionary and jammin’ as ever. As with all of their releases, Dirty covers the street life, the club life, and many of the aspects of life typical to hip-hop in 2005. But just as they were when they were first starting out, they are not afraid to talk politics and get a little controversial.

Their first single “Keep Your Hands Off Me” covers the issue of police brutality. While many artists today are afraid to touch on such serious issues, Dirty jumps right into it.

“We got more messages on the album too.” The Pimp chimes in, “We got a song called ‘Little Red Yvette,’ which is just talking about young females having a hard time with life. Struggling on any type of level. Having babies at young ages, trickin’ for money, doing drugs real bad, you know the real shit that go on in everyday life. A lot of females struggle with shit, and niggas do too cuz they didn’t have no one to tell them ‘Naw don’t do that,’ or to take care of them. It’s saying, you could have did better, we ain’t trying to dog you, it’s some keep your head up type shit.”

He continues, “We got another cut called ‘Pray for Me.’ It’s a song for our mama’s telling them to pray for us. You know we out here doing what we do, and we still go to our knees every night and pray, but at the same time we feel like they a little bit closer, their prayers will probably reach God before ours. We trying to tell mama to pray for their son every night.”

Cuts like “I’m a Gangsta” and “Stop Lyin’” are some straight street jams like the ones you have come to love from the past Dirty records. Hood Stories is all about balance. In this day and age when so many rappers are content to talk about the same old bling bling and their hood stories consist of nothing but tales of girls, violence and money, Dirty has a method to their madness. They’ll party, they’ll get down and dirty, but they’ll also help to elevate their communities to higher levels of consciousness. It’s important in this day and age.

“If you check our history mayne,” The Pimp explains, “We always like to fill the youth with some knowledge. Not just riding down the street with 24’s and not just showing the gold in your mouth. We like to leave a message on our album, if it’s just one message. We want to let them know that ‘Hey, we doing this like this, but at the same time my brothers, we need to do this too.’”

www.rapalotrecords.com

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 13.08.2005, 18:35 
Globaler Moderator

http://rapalotrecords.com/multimedia/Di ... tories.htm

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 14.08.2005, 11:06 
Globaler Moderator

01. Alabama (Stand Up) (Feat. Lil' Burn One)
02. Choppin'
03. Stop Lyin' (Feat. J-Ral)
04. Git Cha Handz Off Me
05. Moma I'ma Soldier
06. Pray 4 Me
07. I'ma Gangsta
08. What It Is?
09. Let's Ride (Feat. Lil' Mario)
10. Silky Pimp Cutta
11. Rolie Polie (Feat. Bun B)
12. Da Hood Back
13. Behind Ya Duke
14. Sunshine
15. Sometimes
16. Just A Little Bit Mo (Feat. Tanya Herron)

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.08.2005, 17:57 
Globaler Moderator

Bild

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 15.08.2005, 21:04 

:hurra: :hurra: :thumbs:

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 22.08.2005, 18:19 
Globaler Moderator

nach dem Ersteindruck ist das Album ganz gut...sogar ein Stückchen besser als ihr RAL Debut

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 23.08.2005, 04:53 
Globaler Moderator

With the Southern part of the U.S. currently dominating the urban world of music, it's safe to say that labels are having field days with their Southern acts.

However, before the days of the South's mass appeal, Dirty, a group composed of Daniel "Big Pimp" Thomas and Tavares "Gangster Webster were battling out below the radar during a two album stint with Universal Records.

After departing from the media conglomerate, the group headed to a smaller gig by joining Rap-A-Lot Records in 2003. Now, with a single featuring Bun B surfacing and a new album, entitled Hood Stories, on the way, BallerStatus checked in to see to talk to one half of the group to talk about their experiences in the game and more.

BallerStatus.net: First of all tell people a little bit about Dirty.

Gangster: Well Dirty, you know what I'm saying, is originally from Mobile, Alabama. I've been in the game for three years. I'm Gangster, obviously. We've been down, and we're first cousins, but we've been together for since we've been knowing each other -- since we've been boys. We started rapping maybe like 10-15 years ago. I was like 8 and he was 13; we started at a young age. We did the little concerts, you know performances, then we meet up with this one dude [in] maybe '98. We got with him, and he said he wanted to start a record label. Within a year, he got up a deal with Universal. But at first, we did a second album with Universal that didn't get that much promotion and a lot of things went wrong with [our] management. I don't really want to discuss all of that, but to make a long story short, we ended up at Rap-A-Lot.

BallerStatus.net: How long have you been with Rap-A-Lot?

Gangster: We've been on Rap-A-Lot ever since about 2003.

BallerStatus.net: Is this the first time coming out on Rap-A-Lot?

Gangster: Nah, first record come out 2003; we did pretty good. The first single was "I Will."

BallerStatus.net: Now tell me about the new album and the name of it.

Gangster: The new album is called Hood Story, which is a follow-up to let people know what we've been doing; let them know we're still here. [We] pretty much just telling them what's going on in the hood. It's pretty much self-explanatory. [It's about] what we've done heard and done.

BallerStatus.net: Ok, and the single's "Rolly Pollie?"

Gangster: Yeah that's the first single with Bun B on it.

BallerStatus.net: How did you hookup with Bun B?

Gangster: Well, we had been knowing him from '96 and '97. We're label mates.

BallerStatus.net: What was it like growing up in Alabama?

Gangster: It's pretty much the same as any other hood, we just country. The only difference is we might talk a little slower than everybody else or we might wear our hat a little different and our clothes, but it's pretty much the same thang than any other hood. My hood ain't no harder than your hood. and your hood ain't no harder than mine. We from Alabama; we from the country, you know what I'm saying? We represent us, but at the same time, we hood ni--as just like everywhere else.

BallerStatus.net: Now from the time you guys were underground to the when you got signed with Universal, then to Rap-A-Lot, how would you describe your experience in the music industry and are you guys happy where you're at now?

Gangster: Yeah we happy. Coming from where we came from, it's a hard struggle. Then the trial and tribulations that we done been through, we feel like we're blessed right now to still be in the game. Man, there's a lot of ni--as who came into the game and one album they gone, you know what I'm saying? You won't hear from them no mo, but us, like we've been through a lot. To help us be better our situations, we follow-up on stuff and we do our thang. There's a little thing we went through with Universal...everything from now made us stronger. We just trying to get in the spotlight.

BallerStatus.net: What do you look to happen with this album?

Gangster: We looking forward to going platinum! You know this is our second album with this label. The first did pretty good, but this second album right here, we're trying to make a statement. This is our fifth album in the game -- four with Universal, but six all together. We did an underground album before we even did anything with Universal, so really man this is our sixth album in the game and we feel like this isn't really where we should be at.

BallerStatus.net: Where do you see yourself and Dirty a year from now?

Gangster: Let me correct you on that, the group name is Dirty, I'm the Gangster. If rap doesn't work, we still gonna do our thang. Rap is our first love, but at the same time, we know that there's a possibility that it might not work out. We have to move onto other things.

BallerStatus.net: There's a lot of other artist coming out and you guys have been in the game for a while. What are you guys doing different from those other southern artists?

Gangster: Well for one thing, that kinda says a lot right there. To come from Alabama, we're coming from a whole other side, and with whole other flavor of music.

BallerStatus.net: Do you have any last words?

Gangster: The album hit stores August 15th, come through!

Ein neues Thema erstellen Auf das Thema antworten  [ 163 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde