UG Rap Community

Aktuelle Zeit: 28.09.2024, 22:58

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 58 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste
Autor Nachricht
 Betreff des Beitrags: Mai-Newz
BeitragVerfasst: 02.05.2004, 13:35 
Globaler Moderator

As we reported earlier this morning, Rakim was arrested last night (April 27) as he was entering the Roseland Ballroom for a performance he was scheduled for.

It was not clear at the time what he was arrested for, but now it has surfaced that he was falsely arrested for failing to pay child-support payments.

Today (April 28), according to MTV News, Rakim appeared in a Suffolk County Family Court with lawyer Robert Kalina, where he provided the judge with documents showing he was not delinquent in his child-support payments.

Rakim's camp has stated they were surprised when hearing of the arrest and say he was faslely arrested.

This morning a woman named Nicole Smith, claiming to be the mother of Rakim's child, phoned in to Hot 97 in New York telling the radio audience that Rakim was basically a dead-beat dad and has failed to pay her over $25,000 in back child-support.

Immer diese Bitchez

Zuletzt geändert von Face97 am 19.06.2004, 22:58, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.05.2004, 10:09 
Globaler Moderator

The homie Extra Large aka XL was recently forced to change his name to XL Middleton. Here is the full explanation he posted in our dubcc message boards:

" What up famm,

So here's the deal - basically my rap name "Extra Large" is an infringement on a trademark held by DJ Extra Large, some cat that maybe a few of yall might have heard of, if you have you probably know he's worked with a few dudes but whatever. Last week I received a cease-and-decist letter from his lawyer (that's right his lawyer!!!) ordering me to stop using the name because I was infringing on his trademark and they could bring legal action if I didn't stop. My first thought was, this is hip hop and in hip hop, whoever blows first with the name should be the one who can lay claim to it, running to a lawyer is like snitching to the police as far as something like this is concerned. I'm mainly pissed because he sent me a vague and threatening e-mail telling me "the name needs to change or there's gonna be problems", to which I responded cool and asked why we couldnt both have the name, he's DJ Extra Large I'm just Extra Large. I never got a response, not until his lawyer stepped in, what a bitch move. Not only that but his lawyer tried to say I couldn't shorten it to just "XL" which I know is bullshit because there's a Chino XL out there so why not sue him? I'm just like, okay I cant really do shit because I dont have the money to afford a lawyer at this point, so as of today I'm changing my name to XL MIDDLETON. Of course yall can feel free to call me XL or Extra Large if yall want just like people still said Biggie Smalls even after he had to change it to B.I.G. I just dont get it, we supposed to be bringing the West back and unifying is obviously the only way we can do that, but how when everytime you try to do something positive like putting out dope music somebody gotta turn around and try to bring you down? Fuck that prepare for my response song coming this week "Call Johnnie Cochran" and also the remix by Big Saccs cuz the big homie Saccs aint feeling this whole situation neither.

Holla back
XL Middleton fka Extra Large.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.05.2004, 13:06 

HipHop-Legende Masta Ace befindet sich gerade im Studio und arbeitet dort hart am Nachfolger zu seinem letzten Album Disposable Arts (2001). Das Album trägt den Namen "The Long Hot Summer" und featured einige heiße Gäste: Die Beatnuts, Ed OG, Jean Grae, Big Noyd und Bahamadia waren mit Ace im Studio. Die erste Single aus dem Album ist der von "9th Wonder" produzierte Track "Good Ol Love", welcher im Mai veröffentlicht wird.

Mache dir Gedanken - und du wirst Erkenntnis erlangen.

-Kaibara Ekiken-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.05.2004, 14:47 
Globaler Moderator

West Coast Mafia Update -

Here goes the line up of releases for the year, props to Crash for the info.

West Coast Mafia Gang - Group Album
Lil Cyco - Solo Album
Speedy bka Gotti Gotti - Solo Album
C-Bo - Solo Album
Killa Tay - Solo Album
Thug Lordz (C-Bo & Yukmouth) - In Thugz We Trust Group Album

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 03.05.2004, 23:03 
Globaler Moderator

New Grind Family CD droppin May 14th. Its a mixtape and some unreleased songs.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.05.2004, 09:54 
Globaler Moderator

The administrator of the official Lord Finesse site has reported that Big L will be on the new Terror Squad LP. The verse comes from a Lord Finesse produced track featuring Sheek. The version on the Terror Squad album features Fat Joe and Big Pun. Sheek has been taken off the song.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 04.05.2004, 16:57 
Globaler Moderator

New Orleans rapper, Juvenile, has announced that he has teamed up with Rap-A-Lot Records on new group album.

Juvenile, who has recently struck gold with his latest album Juve The Great, and J. Prince, CEO of Rap-A-Lot Records, are planning to follow up Juve's album with a UTP album to introduce new artists Skip and Wacko, which Juvenile will be featured on as well.

The lst single will be "Nolia Clap," which the label says is "a Juve classic." The album is slated for a May 18 release.

"This venture is a new way for me to experience the record business, executive producing, with J [Prince], new acts," Juvenile says of the joint venture. "I’m spreading out in my career."

Juvenile is excited about the new venture and is happy to be able to work with new artists Wacko and Skip. Juve is also stepping behind the boards as he produced some of the tracks off Juve The Great.

"I produced a number of cuts on 'Juve the Great,'" Juve said in a released statement. "I want to work with new artists as an entrepreneur. I’m excited to produce and spread my involvement. To do all this, I need a great partner in the new activity, and J [Prince], with his business skills, is just the person I need!"

Juvenile has recently released the second single from Juve The Great called "Bounce Back," following up the first single "In My Life" that is in heavy rotation on MTV and BET. He continues his promotion of his latest album and is working with Skip and Wacko and new Rap-A-Lot group Patners in Crime

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2004, 00:28 
Globaler Moderator

THA REALEST

Da die Promotion für das Album noch nicht so weit ist, wird die Cd nun um einen Monat auf den 6.7. verschoben.
Die erste Single auskopplung wird nunmehr nicht "witness tha Realest" feat Fat Joe sein, sondern der Track "Never leave me alone" feat. Napoleon und Kola Loc von den Doggys Angels.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2004, 13:48 
Globaler Moderator

Crooked I Signs To Universal

After five long years waiting for his highly anticipated album release, Crooked I has officially severed all ties and legally left, Death Row Records.

Last month, we reported that Crooked I had left Death Row Records, which was true, but wasn't 100% finished as Crooked I was still ironing out the legal issues.

Following our report, Death Row Records spokesperson, Jonathan Wolfson, released a statement saying Crooked I may be jealous of Kurupt's new album dropping before his and that he was still legally signed with Death Row.

"Crooked I is still signed," Wolfson said in a past released statement. "This all stems from the upcoming release of Kurupt's album 'Against The Grain.' There might have been a jealously element because Kurupt's new album is dropping first."

Now it is official, Crooked I has left and is heading his own label Dynasty Records. According to Crooked I, he is still on good terms with his now former label.

"I'm not bitter about it," Crooked I said to Ballerstatus.net. "It was just time for me to go."

That's not it, Crooked I has just inked a distribution deal with Universal Records for his imprint Dynasty Records. His still untitled debut album is due later this year.

To hold fans off until his official album comes out, Crooked I will be dropping a new mixtape titled Young Boss: Dynasty Mixtape Vol. 1. The mixtape will have remixed tracks from this year and last year's hottest beats with Crooked I and his Dynasty roster gracing the track with their vocals. It is expected to be available on the Dynasty Records website in the next couple weeks.

A contest is also being held for someone to design the mixtape cover with a chance to win signed CDs and a goodies bag.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 05.05.2004, 19:06 

Upcoming Wu-Tang Cameos

You'll be able to hear Ghostface on two songs by classically trained violinist Miri Ben-Ari. The as yet untitled record will be dropping on Universal Records sometime this summer.

Method Man is one of the four MC's to star on G-Unit's Lloyd Banks' song, No Name ID together with Obie Trice and Eve. Produced by Hi-Tek this joint will be on Lloyd Banks' debut album, The Hunger For More, to be released June 29th on G-Unit Records/Interscope.

RZA and GZA will both be on a track called Head Rush from the new Pete Rock album, Soul Survivor 2. This song is produced by Pete Rock and the album will be coming out May 11th on BBE Music/Rapster.

Ghostface will appear on the new album, Revolutions, by Hip-Hop turntables group X-ecutioners. This should be out May 25th on Loud Records/Columbia.

Mache dir Gedanken - und du wirst Erkenntnis erlangen.

-Kaibara Ekiken-

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 06.05.2004, 12:10 
Site Owner

Face97 hat geschrieben:
Killa Tay - Solo Album

Scheiße, den auf Westcoast Mafia stell ich mir böse vor. Das war's dann wohl Mr. Tay Capone..

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.05.2004, 11:47 
Globaler Moderator

Mr. Cheeks is back with a new album

Former member of the now dismembered Lost Boyz, Mr. Cheeks is preparing to release a new album independently after leaving Universal Records in September 2003.

"I wasn't feeling at home there," Mr. Cheeks said of his decision to leave Universal. "I didn't feel they were giving me the promotional attention I needed."

The now veteran emcee has went out on his own launching his own label Diane's Boys, which entered into a partnership with The Commission. Cheeks is returing onto the scene trying to re-establish himself as a solo artist with his upcoming album Ladies & Ghettomen.

Using his creative abilities Mr. Cheeks didn't get to use at Universal, he will not be flooding his album with an endless list of industry guest appearances, instead will only feature his own camp.

"There aren't many special guests," Mr. Cheeks said in a released statement. "But it's a really powerful album."

The first single chosen will be "What We Do," which has already been serviced to radio stations, fans are encouraged to request it.

Mr. Cheeks is currently on a heavy promotion tour in support of Ladies & Ghettoman stopping by radio stations, interviews and spot dates accross the country. As an added bonus, Mr. Cheeks is holding a contest giving a lucky fan the chance to star in his video for "Renee 2." The winner will be flown to New York with a guest, with a 2-night hotel accomendation, will be able to hang out in the studio with Mr. Cheeks himself and will guest appear in the "Renee 2" video.

To enter the contest, head over to TheCommission.com.

Ladies & Ghettoman is slated to hit stores June 29th

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 07.05.2004, 15:08 

ich hab echt ewigkeiten nach dem tape gesucht und jetzt das:

Disflex6 "1984" [ATAK Bootleg Series Vol. 1] CD-R $10.00 The first in a new series of legitimate "resurrections" of classic old hip hop tapes - this one brings back the first release from Dislex6 which first appeared in 1996. 23 tracks featuring Jason the Argonaut, Lazerus Jackson, Ehnertia and Halekost with a running time of over 62 minutes. Back then, hip hop was so damn fresh!

:hurra: :hurra:

BeitragVerfasst: 08.05.2004, 23:43 

Mobb Deep have decided to cut the songs they did with St. Louis pop icon Nelly, producer Kanye West and southerner Lil' Jon, from their new highly anticipated album "Amerikaz Nightmare".

Apparently this has been the issue with caused them to delay their album from the March release it originally was slated to. Prodigy stated this during a radio show a few days ago. He said as it looks right now, is the album going to contain 17 Tracks featuring Infamous Mobb, Nate Dogg, Littles, Illa Ghee and Big Noyd. The beats will be produced by Red Spyda (1), Alchemist (2), and the rest by Havoc. This will come as great news to the hardcore Mobb Deep fan base, which was left frustrated with the news that surfaced earlier this year.

Prodigy also said that it was never them (Mobb Deep) who wanted to do these tracks, but that was just the industry (Jive). He continued to say that if the Mobb did have these tracks on their album, they would loose too many fans, and that is what took Jive time to realize, but the street-single "Gangstaz Roll" and especially the first "real" single "Twisted", convinced Jive to go with the Mobb Deep version of "Amerikaz Nightmare", which has been set for a June 8th release.

Betreff des Beitrags:
BeitragVerfasst: 09.05.2004, 21:49 
Globaler Moderator

Promising a return to the form of his early days, Nas had grand designs for his upcoming seventh studio album, Streets Disciple. But those designs have changed.

Originally planned as a double-CD release on July 2, Streets Disciple will now be a single disc released on September 14, the rapper's birthday. Nas is in the process of whittling down some 40 songs into a more manageable package.

Nas' plans to stage a free concert in New York's Central Park on the Fourth of July, which would evoke the feeling of old-school rap jams, have also been altered (see "Nas Wants To Unleash Verbal Fireworks In Central Park"). The concert will now take place in August as part of the park's SummerStage concert series, though details are still being finalized.

A representative for Nas said the show and album-release dates were adjusted to more properly promote Streets Disciple. In two weeks, Nas will shoot a video for the album's first single, "Thief's Theme."

Ein neues Thema erstellen Dieses Thema ist gesperrt. Du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder weitere Antworten erstellen.  [ 58 Beiträge ]  Gehe zu Seite 1, 2, 3, 4  Nächste

Alle Zeiten sind UTC + 1 Stunde